• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I guess I'll go first

Ahhh that name rings a bell... Wasn't he in Alvin? He was big into COG if I remember correctly. Never got a chance to meet him though. My inlaws know him from their church there in town (Alvin).

:tab My inlaws live there. My parents live here in Huntsville. My family lived in Alvin from late '78 to '90. I left in '87 for higher edumacation :brainsnap Graduated highschool in '84. Having moved there from the mountains of Northeast Alabama, I hated every minute of it :-P Flat and windy all the time :roll:

New Rider

Hi - My name is Beady. New to the group from BMWLT group.

I've been riding for a little over 2 years and have put about 17000 miles under my belt. Les, DH, came back to riding after a 20 year hiatus. He rides a 2002 K1200LT and I ride a 2004 R1200CL. We both work for American Eagle Airlines as Anaylsts (he's a Mechanic and works in Engine Trends and I work in Ops Planning and Performance - Pilot Vacations and Seniority).

We're both looking forward to meeting some of the other riders - especially in the local area. We see quite a few riders coming and going from our sub-division, but know only the one that lives across the street.

We belong to a number of groups, so we have lots of riding options: American Legion Riders Post 135; USA Highway Riders - Denton Chapter; Southern Cruisers - Northern Denton; Lone Star HiWay Catz (my womens riding group); and we ride with a couple of dealerships - Grapevine Kawasaki's 3rd Saturday Rides (starting in March) and Cycle Center of Denton; and if we can't find a ride that looks interesting, Les and I just head out on our own.

We're both also looking forward to doing some overnight riding and some weekend get-a-way riding (after we make arrangements with the dog sitter).

I'm going to try to post a pic of my bike here:

view

See you on the road :rider:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the site! Keep an eye on the Upcoming Rides/Trips/Events forum. The DFW folks have several different bikes nights to choose from. Most are weekly.

Afternoon all,

Just signed up this afternoon at the insistance of my daughter who has attended several of your meet-n-greets with friends. She said she finally found a group of "regular folks" who were clean cut, polite and had a clean web presence, loved bikes and good fun! How could I refuse! I am currently looking for a touring bike, preferable a Wing, of course. I started back in college many years a go with a Honda 750 and progressed to a Gold Wing Aspencade which alas, finally had to go so we could concentrate on raising the young'uns. Now that they are grown and gone, we are ready to ride again.

Desmond & Teresa Freeman
Cleburne, TX

Thanks Brian - The web has certainly made this sort of thing easier, and the world a smaller place, hasn't it? All the more reason to get out and ride in it. I will check out both of those links this evening.

Desmond

Re: New Member

Wing Nut said:
Just signed up this afternoon at the insistance of my daughter who has attended several of your meet-n-greets with friends. She said she finally found a group of "regular folks" who were clean cut, polite and had a clean web presence, loved bikes and good fun!
Hmmm, that couldn't have been the Tarrant County crew? :scratch: ;-)

Well, if it was, which one is your daughter? Jennifer or Pamela?
They both made a bit of a trip up to Grapevine.

If I have that wrong, please ignore this... :oops:
(trying to figure in the Cleburne/Johnson County connection)

Last edited:
Welcome Desmond!! :welcome:

Glad to see you around here. I'll agree that most of the folks around this board are really nice. (just watch out for that Chuck character :rofl: )

Chuck, Pamela is Desmond's daughter. Once you meet him, you won't wonder any more :)

tx-vfr said:
Chuck, Pamela is Desmond's daughter.
I saw her post about the Africa trip & a ref to her dad, so I found that out already... :mrgreen:

Oh yeah, :welcome:, Pamela's Dad, come join us at a Meet & Greet (the Tarrant County one, not that copycat Johnson County one :-P ) sometime - you don't need to ride to participate, just show up! :eat:

yeah, I posted over there, then saw this. but my little mind didn't register her comment :scratch: :doh:

I think they are both planning on coming to both the W DFW meet and the More important Johnson County meet :-P

Looks like everyone has me figured out already. Guilty as charged, I am Pamela's dad. I'm planning on making the get together this evening and hope my better half can get off work in time to accompany me. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you in person. :eek2:

Desmond

First post. I just found the new location of this group. I read many of the post in the dual sport yahoo groups, but have never sent anything. Now that i have found a Texas group I will try to check each day and see what is going on. I live in Midland, retired last june and trying ride more. I am not too good on the computer but will try to post a picture later. Gary

Brian & Brenda, I ride a 02 VSTROM DL1000 and a 02 KLR 650. Went on my first real dual sport ride last month in Eureka Springs Arkansas. Found it thru the backroadstouring.org group. Meet about 40 new friends and road 2 days on the twisty dirt roads of the Arkansas hills. Had a great time. Gary

Well, you'll certainly fit in well here; the wee-stroms and KLR's have been coming out of the woodwork for months now. ;-)

Howdee...

This is patrick...live in johnson county...lil' town of alvarado...south of fort worth...wife and i been there around 12-13 years...retired sailor...fed gov. empl...for 16 years...love texas and enjoy ridin my FJR 1300...keep me posted and i will keep checkin' your stuff...love to ride w/ya somewhere...someplace...

seaeagle

seaeagle said:
Howdee...

This is patrick...live in johnson county...lil' town of alvarado...south of fort worth...wife and i been there around 12-13 years...retired sailor...fed gov. empl...for 16 years...love texas and enjoy ridin my FJR 1300...keep me posted and i will keep checkin' your stuff...love to ride w/ya somewhere...someplace...

seaeagle

Welcome!

Be sure and start your own introduction thread...us Johnson County peeps will pop out of the woodwork and post a hello!

http://www.twtex.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Squidward (my husband) and I live in Burleson, not too far from the fancy Tiger Farms farmer's market/gas station :mrgreen:

thank you...give me holler if ya folks wanna gettogether for a ride...

I'm a little slow to respond...

I grew up in Alvarado (out by the lake) but now I reside in the grand metropolis of Keene :rofl:

I'm on the blue VFR so give me a wave if ya see me! :wave:

Back