• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I have a Sickness

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Wagner
I my name is Brian and I have a sick sickness.

Today started out as a normal saturday, take the kid and her car to Service King to get a qoute (her friend backed into her).

Well on the way home we stop by D&S to look at some new gear, well she sneaks away and sits on a Ninja 250. The procedes to tell me that she can flat foot the bike, she had the salesmans permission to sit on it. The procedes to sweet talk me into a new Fox Racing hoodie, it was a valentines day present.

I figure she didn't ask for the bike right, well after we got home she went to the store with her mom. I get this call and it is her asking the what the price was for the Ninja and I tell her, and in the background I hear my with say no that is too much but if your father can find a used one for the right price he can get it and teach you how ride and ake her MSF.

Well before they get home I hit Craigs List and find a nice 2004 in Azle in the price range, so the wife says go look at it. So I drive out to Azle and meet Art (who may join the board), look it over and take it for a quick ride. Well we make the deal, left a deposit and on Tuesday when the banks are open again he offered to trailer it to the house from me where we will finalize the purchase and I will proud owner of a 2004 Yellow Ninja 250. With a low 1178 original miles.

Art was great and I am very appreciative of a great deal on a great bike for my daughters first ride.

Attachments

• P2140518 (Medium).jpg
    P2140518 (Medium).jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 275
  • P2140519 (Medium).jpg
    P2140519 (Medium).jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 276
  • P2140520 (Medium).jpg
    P2140520 (Medium).jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 276
  • P2140521 (Medium).jpg
    P2140521 (Medium).jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 284
  • P2140522 (Medium).jpg
    P2140522 (Medium).jpg
    75 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Very cool, Brian! :thumb:

(now BOTH of you will have to join in some local M&Gs!)

Thats what I was thinking, just need to get her to MSF and get her trained and on the road.

I have to say I am just as excited as she is. :rider: :eat: :mrgreen:

way too go dad it is awesome too do things for your kids.:clap: :clap: .my 22 yr old daughter has asked me before if i would buy her a streetbike and i have too say hard decision she has had a pw 50 at 5 yrs at 10 a 4 wheelr at 14 xr 80 at22 lexus is250 but i have not gave in on the street bike yet i am still paying for college .anyway nice bike and go DADS :clap:

Very lucky girl to have such a great dad. I hope she truly appreciates you!

Good choice for a starter bike. I bought my kid an SV650 for his first street bike (he had a TTR125 before that). He only rides it when hes with me, however. Mom really won't have it any other way. Someday that will change but he's real careful on it when we ride. Good father and son thing to do.

Very lucky girl to have such a great dad. I hope she truly appreciates you!

Aw shucks I am blushing, I just loving spending time with her. Since she was born we have had many adventures in cars, now I want to share my love for the bikes.

Since she was little she started with a Barbie Jeep, then went to a quad, then to a 50cc Scooter. Now it is time to get her shifting gears and enjoying the open rode. To experience this great country for for what it is, and not take anything for granted by just flying to a destination. Because as we all know the destination starts as soon as you swing a leg over and smell the countryside as you are rolling along taking in all the sights that you can.

Next year she will graduate from high school and I want to road trip to Mazatlan, and show her the open road to the wonderment of the world and beyond.

Aw shucks I am blushing, I just loving spending time with her. Since she was born we have had many adventures in cars, now I want to share my love for the bikes.

Since she was little she started with a Barbie Jeep, then went to a quad, then to a 50cc Scooter. Now it is time to get her shifting gears and enjoying the open rode. To experience this great country for for what it is, and not take anything for granted by just flying to a destination. Because as we all know the destination starts as soon as you swing a leg over and smell the countryside as you are rolling along taking in all the sights that you can.

Next year she will graduate from high school and I want to road trip to Mazatlan, and show her the open road to the wonderment of the world and beyond.

I MUST repeat: VERY LUCKY GIRL to have a dad like you. Wow. VERY LUCKY. Kinda gives me a little "ouch-y" that I lost my own dad at a too-young age. All my best wishes that the two of you will continue to have adventures TOGETHER for many years to come.

Back