• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I need a painter - any suggestions?

Reaction score
First Name
JB
Last Name
Seale
Just wondering if anybody has first hand experience or can recommend a good painter that's located in or around the DFW metromess. Several months ago I was on a road trip pulling my cargo trailer behind the bike. I was the lead bike in a small group of friends and we were behind a flatbed truck in Okla when a piece of 1 1/2" PVC pipe blew off the flatbed and I ran over it. It shattered into a million pieces. One of the bigger pieces took out the left side fender on my trailer. So I have a new fender now but need somebody to paint it. No fancy paint job is needed, just paint it to match the rest of the trailer. Any suggestions? Thanks!

If you don't mind driving to River Oaks (west FW) give Scott a call at Shark Performance Art. He does great custom work but he has also matched up some side cases and top cases for me for a reasonable price. A fender should be easy enough. (817) 378-9119

Caddy's Customs is in Desoto near Parkerville and 35-E. They quoted me 150 per piece to repaint my old Yamaha Sr185. I never got around to using their service, but their work looks good. No idea if they can do a good deal or not for what you are needing.

I do know that about a year ago when I talked to them about my Yamaha, they had the 30.06 sign posted at the front door. Personally, I prefer not to spend money with places that have 30.06 and 30.07 (or just 30.06 because they don't know the laws (not sure if that matters to you or not). However, 150 for them to repaint my gas tank did seem reasonable and they were nice when I talked to them.

Thanks gocatgo, I'll give them a call and see what they can do for me. Don't mind riding to River Oaks at all if they do good work.

Appreciate the heads up youate83, like you it DOES matter to me if businesses post the 30.06. I just prefer not do business with them if I have a choice.

Last edited:
Back