• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I went to FedEx freight today

Reaction score
First Name
Richard
...and there was a nice man with a forklift waiting for me.

That's gonna stay right?

IMG_7784-X2.jpg

Christmas!!!!! Only a little late, but worth the wait..

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Lucky man! Does it have a seat? 300rr??? 530??

Edit: That box looks super skinny, is it a real beta?

How did you get it past a dealer shipped direct to you and all the assembly/mechnical bull c ?

How did you get it past a dealer shipped direct to you and all the assembly/mechnical bull c ?
You can buy directly from betamotors.com

There is a build to order program as well

AWwww, you got yourself an extra large cat trap!!!!

I've
You can buy directly from betamotors.com

There is a build to order program as well
played around with BYOB on their website, but was under the impression bike still had to go through a dealer??

You skipped the dealer? I think you've managed to skip the worst part of the bike buying process. Please do an unboxing and build series.

Probably has a LTL tail lift or freight claim requirement on it, so that they can ensure it is not damaged during the offload process and release after inspection. I am sure Fedex ground would have charged you extra to deliver to your house if it wasn't probably for some requirement like that. I'm sure there are a few out there but I can't recall seeing too many Fedex ground trucks with a tail lift.

Unwrapping...

I thought about trying to save the cat-trap for later use, but we don't have any cats and I can't see myself shipping a bike anytime soon, so out came the knife.

New (to me) 2018 Beta Evo 250.

Bars bolted back in place. Add oil. Mix up fresh gas. Check coolant - full. First kick...vroom!

It's not new from the factory, but pretty close. I purchased this from a female Beta Factory rider in Tennessee who rides a 200. In 2018 Beta didn't have any 200's in the States, so they got her this 250 to use as a practice bike before her 200 arrived. She used it for about 3 months and then her 200 came in. She says they're almost exactly the same except the 250 does everything a little bit quicker. I'm about 215lbs naked, so this is the perfect trials starter for me.

They had a spare crate from Beta in the shop...hence the factory-esque arrival at Fedex. It only cost $205 to ship from TN to East Texas. It helps that they are on I40 and I'm only a few miles off I20.

A 15 minute session in the backyard last night proves that this will be an excellent practice tool to improve my enduro riding. Balance and tight-slow figure eights are the first thing on the menu. I'm trying to get in 15 minutes of riding every day after many years of being happy to ride once a month. It's hard to get better with such little seat time.

Only other setup is to order springs for my weight. Otherwise it's kick and go.

Who's ready to go ride trials at Barnwell with a newb?

IMG_7798-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice trials bikes are great fun.

I'd like to eventually get a trials bike for the same reason. Fundamental skill building

Me thinks you will be @ Gilmer even More now.....maybe Red River too!

Back