• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I wish I had a case saver - to JB weld or not

Jammin

Reaction score
First Name
Jay
My DRZ at one point had a set of ThumperTalk case savers but when I got the bike the crankcase cover saver was not there (looks like it fell off) and I told myself, I should mount a new case saver instead of regretting it. Well, I waited and now I regret not mounting one.

My wife was riding the DRZ and she's such a sport. The seat is too tall for her and she was on tip toes. We came to a left turn that was slopping to the left and she lost balance and the shifter punched a hole in the case and all the oil dripped out. We got a uhaul trailer and got the bike back home.

I'm reading online that if the hole isn't too serious, JB weld and a case saver might be an option instead of replacing the whole case. I would like to get my wife riding again soon before she loses her riding momentum. What do you think? Does this hole look like a good candidate for JB weld?

i-j8MbcKd-XL.jpg

i-jWprcS8-XL.jpg

i-zZxgFrV-XL.jpg

i-BwzcwFW-XL.jpg

Awesome, thanks for the quick input. I'm going to try JB and see how it holds.

That's crazy! How did you fix that with quick steel? Used a patch of some kind?
That's @RolingJ on this board . He cleaned it up and used black tape as a backing. He rode out of the State Park and then all weekend in the National Park.

Last edited:
Funny how when people need to get something done in a pinch they can! Well Done!

Back