• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

IBA Nat'l parks Tour -or- SCMA's Four Corners ride?

Reaction score
Question for any of the regulars in this forum...maybe even for any of the irregular readers as well. :lol2:

I'm not so sure there are any here that have completed the Southern California Motorcycle Association (SCMA) Four Corners ride: USA Four Corners Tour Summary

I really don't know if there are many here on the list that have completed any version of the IBA's National Parks Tour: IBA Nat'l Park Tour Summary

Now the kicker...anyone here do BOTH of these rides?

For the readers of the question, I'll summarize some of the many fine answers provided from elsewhere.

The SCMA four corner (4C) ride is essentially >6500 miles, 21 days (or less) to go to four unique spots on the map.

The NPT is a minimum 25 States, 50 locations out of over 400 choices of parks, historical locations, etc. -- in one year. I mean, the idea was so fantastic that, as some of the LD persuasion may know, it was the basis of the 2015 Iron Butt Rally. The Silver version simulates the 4C ride by requiring locations to be grabbed in WA, ME, CA & FL.

Another IBA member provided a dead-on assessment of the NPT: "I did two other NPT rides that were each broken down into 3 multi-day (about 5-10 days each) mini vacations to meet the 25-State / 50 Park requirement. Doing that was like riding a rally but without severe time constraints and being able to get plenty of sleep. I think the NPT rides are the best certs that the IBA does."

With my wife soon to be in a part-time position (yes, she's retiring, then returning to work part time for a period...), there will be opportunities to (perhaps) pull off those 'mini-vacations' and attempt the NPT as part of doing other rides. There's a couple of 'do-over' tours we've considered doing which included a decent number of NPT locations.

Then again, my brain cells are sparking on an epic ride (or two...) within an epic ride!

Back