• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

IBA/TOH finish upTexas ride

Traxx

Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Since I have 3 more TOH memorials left for Texas and it will only be about 800 miles. So if I add the memorial in Kinder La. then it will make a bit over 1000. Still getting the map together and will post a link soon.

Last edited:
I'm coming down from Dallas to have breakfast with an old friend Saturday morning in Spring (Houston area) but there aren't any TOH sites close to 45 so it doesn't look like I'll have any in my pocket for this year.

There are two UH-1's in Huntsville right off I-45 (first Huntsville exit coming from the north) and one in Conroe at the VFW (exit Highway 105 and loop back north on the feeder just past the park and turn right). If you're grabbing UH-1's.

you could also come down I-35 then turn east towards Grosebeck and pick up the EMV Doughboy at the courthouse then over to I-45

What is the best time of day for traffic going west to east in Houston.

Failed attempt to post a map

Last edited:

There isn’t one. The least traffic would be between midnight and 4am. Having an Texas tag/easy tag and using beltway 8 would be a bit longer but certainly safer IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There isn’t one. The least traffic would be between midnight and 4am. Having an Texas tag/easy tag and using beltway 8 would be a bit longer but certainly safer IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

:eek2: Hate traffic. Makes me lose my :zen:

Weekday or weekend? When I went through on my 50CC it was a Saturday and it flowed well.

Katy - 11:22
Hwy 6 - 11:32
610 Loop - 11:42
Jacinto City - the east side of the 610 Loop - 11:52
Lynchburg - the other side of the ship channel - 12:02

So roughly 30 minutes from Beltway 8 to Beltway 8. No complaints from me.

https://spotwalla.com/embed.php?id=1afcf5b8beff5a3ecf&scale=on&zoom=default&refresh=no

:rider:

I'm coming down from Dallas to have breakfast with an old friend Saturday morning in Spring (Houston area) but there aren't any TOH sites close to 45 so it doesn't look like I'll have any in my pocket for this year.

Change of plans. Apparently there were about a dozen or more of us who chose not to ride today so they did an impromptu session on Rally Planning, and we might have another one this afternoon on Basecamp. We'll use that info to do a 4 hour rally in the DFW area tomorrow morning.

I am taking advantage of the rain today to install some new goodies.
Mad Stad windscreen
SW Motec tank bag and mounting ring
Now to do a couple of mock up packings on the tank bag. Hydration, TOH flag, Camera, mini clipboard, IFAK
Adjusted Nav mount.
Worked on my TOH route.
Try different places and mounts for roto pax

Looks like the weather will be nice tomorrow so I am going to hit the road to try things out. May need to make adjustments to the wind screen and how the tank bag is loaded.
Using rok straps to mount up the roto pax to the left pannier rack. Seems to be pretty solid.

Looks like the weather will be nice tomorrow so I am going to hit the road to try things out. May need to make adjustments to the wind screen and how the tank bag is loaded.
Using rok straps to mount up the roto pax to the left pannier rack. Seems to be pretty solid.

We leave the hotel in Allen at 8 am for a 4 hour mini-rally, so if you see folks off to the side taking photos, it's probably us. :-P

Heading north south east or west

Yes. :rofl:

44393517_10212187730638253_5839120463975940096_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

From the hotel it was a quick jaunt SE to Southfork Ranch, then west to Aurora, north to Decatur, and east to McKinney before dropping south again back to the hotel.

Nice, and a beautiful day today as well.
I ended up spending the day with my Granddaughter today. But I did get some lights installed.

Lights didn't work. They come and back off. I piggy backed them on the factory fog lights. I guess its to much load.
Back to the drawing board, I guess I will tap into the headlights.

If the weather doesn't change then it looks like Friday is the day. It will actually be clear and temperate for the entire route.
I am going on this ride first since I need to visit the TOH memorials by Nov 1st.

Good luck and safe ride. Us mortal riders will be watching

If ya'll see a fat Darth Vader on a Blue Triumph TEX that will be me. Be sure to wave.

Figured I’d go cheer Traxx on as he went through Yorktown.

9f7079d66843b4d9d5b3d79ab51d1866.jpg

Back