• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I'd take a prayer or two if you have a minute to offer one.

I look at EPH 3: 14-20 frequently and pray for God's filling with his Spirit so I know his will, and he certainly already knows my need. I'm praying this for you now. To Him who can do exceedingly more than we can ask or imagine; give the glory, claim healing and hang on for the ride.

I am late to the party, but I just prayed for you Crew Chief. That is scary stuff. Early in this thread, I think it was Tourmeister that said he would rather have cancer than dementia. As a cancer patient I agree with that. That sure is scary stuff.

Nice truck! I had to sell my 2014 Silverado last year since I am on unpaid sick leave, and I sure miss having a nice truck. Enjoy that beauty.

I'm terribly sorry to hear that you had to give up your truck. I hope I don't wind up in a similar situation. The other side of the coin is that while I'm upside down in the truck just by having driven it off the lot, the only money I have in it so far is for the bed mat. Ford even paid the taxes. If I do have to sell, I'll have to cough up a few bucks, but probably not more than the taxes and a regular down payment would have been anyway. I don't normally finance things, but in this case with the tax ramifications of withdrawing from an IRA, it seemed like the best way to go.

I don't know for certain that this will be a dementia diagnosis although it well could be. I know the initial diagnosis which has thankfully turned out to be wrong was a real bummer. For now it's an unknown neurological disorder with symptoms of minor lightheadedness/disorientation, mild speech impediment including using the wrong word at times and consistent headaches, which have been a drag, but aren't terrible. I've also had the physiological manifestation of anxiety without any actual mental angst. The last is not something I've ever dealt with before, but its a bear. It robs motivation a steals the joy from activities. Other than the speech, cognition has not been a particularly significant issue except for a couple to three weeks in August to September. I thought at the time I was having a stroke or something. I might have, but the symptoms and time line don't quite fit. There's not a lot that does fit unfortunately. Edit: I'm also fatigued quite a bit and that has been a problem for several years.

With you being on sick leave and me being retired, it seems we should have time to pray for ourselves and others. Seems like it might be a good use of the time.

I have enjoyed RC Senior for many years, have many of his books and audio/video lectures/sermons. It was a sad day when he passed away.
QUOTE]

I grew up on RC Sproul in the back seat of our 12 passenger van. Did not care much for him at 10 but have come to love him and have many of his books. He was one of my pastor's seminary professors.

I use the Ligonier app which has renewing your mind both daily and archive that you can download. It also has all sorts of things all free. We also subscribe to the Table talk magazine from them for a short daily devotional. It is a big encouragement.

I have a doctors appointment this week that I'm looking at as a sentencing hearing. If you had time for a prayer or two I sure wouldn't mind it, and please know that the prayers offered so far are far better "medicine" than anything the medical community has done for me to date.

I'm also worried about our friend Coop. He hasn't been around in a month now. Might not hurt to put one up for him and his wife as well.

I am believing for you to prevail and agreeing with God that you will live and shall declare the works and recount the illustrious acts of the Lord. God is the same yesterday today and forever. I got some good news, he is still a God of miracles including healing of body and mind.

I have a doctors appointment this week that I'm looking at as a sentencing hearing. If you had time for a prayer or two I sure wouldn't mind it, and please know that the prayers offered so far are far better "medicine" than anything the medical community has done for me to date.

I'm also worried about our friend Coop. He hasn't been around in a month now. Might not hurt to put one up for him and his wife as well.

I always have time to pray for you. I hope your sentence is light and they offer help and hope.

Stopped. Bowed my head and prayed that almighty GOD, in his sons name Jesus Christ would cradle you with his grace to lesson your hardship during this trying time. Be well my friend.

I always have time to pray for you. I hope your sentence is light and they offer help and hope.

Thanks, and to the others too. Y'all must be pretty good at this praying thing, because I got the lightest sentence I could hope for. The worst case scenario today was Alzhiemers, and it was pretty much taken off the table. At least for the foreseeable future. On the other hand I didn't get a diagnosis, and I'm doing well enough that the Doc doesn't seem too concerned. I guess for now I live with the issues. So no help, but I did get hope. Hope should not be under rated.

I struggled for a way to describe what's happening until I went out last week and I had a beer with dinner. It occurred to me then that the symptoms I'm having are very similar to someone that has had about one alcoholic drink. It affects my balance, speech, perception and cognition similarly. The feeling in my head is much different, but the effect is pretty much the same. I also have nearly constant but low grade headaches, and fatigue is an issue. The fatigue is always present, but the other effects vary from mild to moderate. Except for a couple of weeks in August when I was having significant issues, I have remained very functional. I have noticed that I'm avoiding some of the more challenging technical issues I have in front of me and that's troublesome because when I was younger, I would dive right into the middle of stuff that was way over my head and fight my way back out of it. I think those days are gone.

The bottom line is that I can't help but believe that prayer helps since I have dodged a couple of pretty big bullets. I appreciate the efforts that have been made on my behalf. That includes scooter riders ;-)

Wonderful news. I’m so happy for you.

Scooter riders are great people to have on your side and by your side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prayer is tops.

I'm not asking you to post answers, just some things to think about.
Has an elimination diet been suggested to eliminate food allergies?
Upgrade your home air filter to one of the better grades?
Anything change environmentally in your world? New plants, new car, furniture, animals, etc.?

I was just thinking the other day how much I've evolved in my memory strategies. I can't hardly remember anything if it's not on my calendar, in my contacts or in email. I started using a Daytimer in the 90's and evolved into using Outlook as my Daytimer. It's almost, If it doesn't exist in Outlook, it doesn't exist in my brain. I also gave up Facebook because, this may sound silly, but the the short bites I felt like were affecting my ability to concentrate on longer task items like reading a book, or even a long article.

Is the issues with technical the determination to soldier through isn't there, or the logic seems weaker? or both?

Also, hard for us guys to admit, but could it be depression? I've never been formally diagnosed, but I know I struggle with it some off and on. It can affect the way you process cognitively in many different ways.

Scooter riders are great people to have on your side and by your side.

I know that's right!

Prayer is tops.

I think that's right too.

I've actually considered a lot of environmental things, but I think that if they are a factor they are things that have already happened. I've been exposed to all kinds of chemicals over the years. I'm guessing the fuel transfers that have been done near me range in to the millions of gallons. We used to not take much if any precaution when working with solvents and I'm still prone to putting bare hands in oil and other chemicals. My symptoms are very similar although not as bad as those that have "Gulf War Syndrome". I was there, but I didn't go anyplace that others in my unit didn't go and there doesn't seem that any of the rest of them are having issues. Whatever is causing this has been coming on for a long time though.

Depression is one of those things that has driven me crazy during this process. It seems that most of the medical community wants to make that diagnosis for almost everybody and the symptoms they include as a basis for diagnosis is about everything but breathing. There may well be people that suffer from depression for no apparent reason, but if there is depression in my case, it's because I'm tired, I've had headaches for 6 months etc. Treating the "depression" isn't the answer. It's getting rid of the headaches or the fatigue. It almost seems to me like the medical community wants you to be happy that you are having other real medical issues and is willing to medicate you to make that happen.

I have been taking this each morning for two months. I actually like its earthy taste. I'm not telling anyone to take anything, but it doesn't hurt to research. I am ordering two more cartons it is inexpensive off Amazon . Very high in anti oxidants. OMG brand was recommended to me. 228357

Back