• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

If applicable, please mark your thread title SOLD

And don't delete the post, or any information in it. That for sale post is very valuable to anyone shopping or selling in the future as a barometer of the market.

And don't delete the post, or any information in it. That for sale post is very valuable to anyone shopping or selling in the future as a barometer of the market.
Not only that but it also documents seller's info and disclosures if any. Those post deletes or severe stripping of info and pics never seemed right to me. But price info can be deleted as often is not the final selling price anyway.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I deleted some of mine because folks keep asking about them even after the title is marked sold. Seems there is not a etched in stone correct way here.

I deleted some of mine because folks keep asking about them even after the title is marked sold. Seems there is not a etched in stone correct way here.
I mark mine sold in the title, first post and last post. Never had any inquires or posts afterwards.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I know, that usually is the result, but there have been a few. Also the 2012 V Strom got no action so I took it down and that actually resulted in a sale. He was wondering why the post was gone! It had like 490 views and zero comments. So, I guess there are surprises all the time. I usually do mark them sold.

I know, that usually is the result, but there have been a few. Also the 2012 V Strom got no action so I took it down and that actually resulted in a sale. He was wondering why the post was gone! It had like 490 views and zero comments. So, I guess there are surprises all the time. I usually do mark them sold.
You reeled that guy in... Still got a smile on my facešŸ˜

I don't post mine on here anymore. Never got any interest on them.

CL, Cycle Trader and FB seem to be the hot spots.

Just sold my Speed Twin on Thursday last week. Can't remember if it was CL or CT.

Yeah, once I was REALLY excited about a particular KLR for a great price. I was already checking into how much money I could pull out of different bank accounts, but it was sold. :(

I update mine all the time. 99% of the time I will not delete the price, but I will mark it sold about 10 ways from Sunday. So far with many, many years of doing this I've never had someone bother me about an item that was already gone. I do like leaving the pricing info as it is very valuable to other folks for seeing how much things are going for.

I update mine all the time. 99% of the time I will not delete the price, but I will mark it sold about 10 ways from Sunday. So far with many, many years of doing this I've never had someone bother me about an item that was already gone. I do like leaving the pricing info as it is very valuable to other folks for seeing how much things are going for.
Thank you. And a big Thank You to others who show the same courtesy.

It's aggravating to me to read a F/S thread only to learn on the last post the item has been sold.

It's aggravating to me to read a F/S thread only to learn on the last post the item has been sold.
If you Report the thread, one of the mods can change the title to reflect it being sold if the user hasn't done it. Sometimes a user will not understand how to make the change and will report it themselves.

I don't want to know that someone finally sold an old farkled KLR for over $2300 as that's top dollar, and everyone knows it :-) I hate market forces except when they work in my favor.

Back