• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

If you carry when you ride, how do you do it?

Hmm

Reaction score
Not sure if this is in the proper section. If not maybe a moderator can move it.

I want to establish a method of concealed carry when I ride. I was wondering what everyone did to support that. My carry weapon is a Glock 23.

I have carried 4 o'clock iwb but that worries me if I ever came off the bike. My preference is shoulder harness under the jacket but then you are stuck wearing your jacket wherever you are going. One of the undershirts with the pockets makes a lot of sense. I just don't want the gun coming loose or causing other issues if I come off the bike.

I have carried 4 o'clock iwb but that worries me if I ever came off the bike. My preference is shoulder harness under the jacket but then you are stuck wearing your jacket wherever you are going. One of the undershirts with the pockets makes a lot of sense. I just don't want the gun coming loose or causing other issues if I come off the bike.

I had one tip-over while carrying and basically rolled off the right side of the bike onto the gun, which kinda sucked- felt like someone had sucker-punched me in the kidney for a few days. The gun itself took no damage as the holster, shirt, jeans, and riding vest protected it well.

Have a P365 in a tacitlal holster mounted in my tail bag that is easily accessed if needed.

Appendix carry or in tank bag. Gun goes back on upon arrival. Sometimes, especially when going to gym, in a maxpedition bag slung across body. It just depends on my attire, how far I am going, and my plans for the ride.

Always in trunk or saddle bag as the need to engage while riding would be a very rare occurrence I believe. I don't think there is a situation while riding I couldn't ride my way out of. Secondly as was mentioned before I don't think there is any space on my person that weapon wouldn't cause injury falling on it.

The same as when I'm not riding.

We all really should remove the gun because it's a painful thing to fall on, but convenience beats safety sometimes. A friend recently went down on his bike and was carrying a Glock AIWB. No major trauma due to the gun/holster, just some wicked bruising.

In the cargo pocket of my riding pants... pretty accessible there, and doesn't print due to the thick denier of the riding pants.

On the shoulder holster, do you prefer a horizontal or vertical carry?

I spent 200 bucks on a holster but I’m happy with it , front right pocket in the vest has a built in holster along with 4 more pockets for whatever I can stuff in them , one for my PLB another for my glasses so I can see the gps . Water bladder in the back and a pocket big enough to carry my I pad so I can get nice pictures . KLIM Arsenal ventilated riding vest . Fits under my jacket for cool riding or over my armour for well ventilated summer riding . It took me a year to spring for the expense of it but I’m well pleased with it . Only problum was it cost me another 300 bucks to buy a smaller pistol . The first day I rode I had a Springfield XD40 in it and a had a very soar shoulder after a hundred miles or so off road . The S&W MP40 is a perfect balance for my water bladder .

On the shoulder holster, do you prefer a horizontal or vertical carry?
I prefer horizontal but it depends on the size of your firearm. Full size has to point down to prevent printing unless your a bigger fellow.

Depending on what I am carrying, either a vertical carry shoulder holster or in the Napoleon pocket of my jacket

For short rides I have a small LCP II in the front lower jacket pocket. It doesn't come out quickly, but I have it more for if I get stranded somewhere or heaven forbid if I ever get knocked off my bike and get seperated from it I don't have to get back to the motorcycle to retrieve it. On a trip where I'll be gone for days I take a larger pistol and regular holster in the luggage for when I'm out and around later.

Back