• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

If you carry when you ride, how do you do it?

Depending on what I am carrying, either a vertical carry shoulder holster or in the Napoleon pocket of my jacket

To quote myself, I usually carry either my Beretta 92F or Walther PPK/S in .380 ACP.

I don't know how you guys can carry any of the larger framed guns concealed. I am a jeans and t-shirt person, pretty much 99% of the time. I don't have room to hide much. A Sig .380 fits in my rear hip pocket, but other than that, I can't carry any of my larger pistols. I'd like to be able to carry my full size Beretta PX-4. IWB isn't really gonna work for me. I need a flush OWB holster that maybe holds it right over my back right pocket. Most of the OWB holsters I have seen make the gun stick out wayyy to far for my liking. I don't want little old ladies at church freaking because they see a gun bulging under my shirt.

On the bike, the .380 goes in a thigh pocket of my riding pants. Not super fast access though. I don't put it in my luggage because I don't want to have to transfer it from the luggage to me every time I walk away from the bike and I am not comfy leaving it on the bike.

Here's a previous thread where it was discussed that might also have some helpful ideas.

No skinny jeans or hipster clothes is one way to do it. :lol2:

Well... I don't do skinny jeans or tight shirts :eek2: But, I also don't do baggy pants. I wear straight cut Wrangler jeans with solid color cotton tees. I am not really a vest person either, so the tacti-cool vests aren't really a thing for me. For church though, I may need to look into some kind of sport coat to cover an OWB holster. I am part of our security team and I really want to carry a full size rather than the pocket .380.

The type of holster makes a big difference too. A pancake holster will ride high and tight. Good for concealment, the wearer just has to find the optimum spot so the grip sticks out the least. More comfortable than in IWB, but the draw may be harder. Most duty holsters are intended for open carry so they may sit away from the body and add quite a bit of profile. Hard to conceal without a cover garment heavier than a shirt.

I also appendix carry IWB which I find very easy to conceal with just an untucked shirt. Dark shirts conceal better than lighter colors. Shirts with patterns conceal better than solids (same principle as camo, break up the outline).

Well... I don't do skinny jeans or tight shirts :eek2: But, I also don't do baggy pants. I wear straight cut Wrangler jeans with solid color cotton tees. I am not really a vest person either, so the tacti-cool vests aren't really a thing for me. For church though, I may need to look into some kind of sport coat to cover an OWB holster. I am part of our security team and I really want to carry a full size rather than the pocket .380.

I usually do a Makarov tucked into the back of my pants with a polo shirt loose over it in church. It is easy to sit on without being uncomfortable and is easy to access. I have a left hand IWB holster that I tuck it into there and it’s a bit like a bass ackward cross draw rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carry a S&W 642 Airweight 38 special in my tank bag while riding, and in my jacket or pant pocket while off the bike at stops. When off for a long while, I carry in my street pants pocked or inside waist band.

I prefer the easy access in the tank bag while riding over any other place. Absolutely don't want a gun on me in the event of a crash.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I carry a S&W 642 Airweight 38 special in my tank bag while riding, and in my jacket or pant pocket while off the bike at stops. When off for a long while, I carry in my street pants pocked or inside waist band.

I prefer the easy access in the tank bag while riding over any other place. Absolutely don't want a gun on me in the event of a crash.

PS: Prefer a revolver for everyday motorcycle carry because I'm not gentle on the bike or where I ride. Things get dirty and the gun gets moved around a lot in it. I carry a Glock 27 when in the truck.

.....For church though, I may need to look into some kind of sport coat to cover an OWB holster. I am part of our security team and I really want to carry a full size rather than the pocket .380.
That works. M&P 9C in a Concealment Solutions Cobra or Cobra compact and an extra mag, you'll never see it.

Have you considered a sig p365? 12+1 in a Tucker.

I was looking for one that I won't have to thread the belt through and saw this one,

DC-1_Black_Med__65421.1527185367.jpg

It can go IWB, OWB, it can thread the belt through or use clips. I might just spring for one of these and see how it goes.

I was looking for one that I won't have to thread the belt through.
I understand that. I've actually only worn the tucker around the house to break it in. It does have good retention. But because it has to be threaded through I carry in a garrett hybrid iwb because it's easy to put on and take off.

With jeans, 380 in the back pocket. Motoport riding pants, LC9 Ruger in side pocket. Always have e 45 ACP in the tank bag. Works for me

I dress much the same way and carry my Walther PPS in 9mm that gives me 6 in the gun and 7 in my back up mag. That's enough to give the little old ladies time at church to pull out the big Canons. I always carry at 4 o'clock inside the waste band. A good tshirt or button up cover well. I use a 12 dollar Allen slide holster. It works both iwb and owb

On the bike I usually do a pocket holster in my jacket left side, off the bike I usually do IWB on the right side.
I'm confident that it would hurt a lot to land on in the event of an accident, but that may be the least of my worries.

I dress much the same way and carry my Walther PPS in 9mm that gives me 6 in the gun and 7 in my back up mag. That's enough to give the little old ladies time at church to pull out the big Canons. I always carry at 4 o'clock inside the waste band. A good tshirt or button up cover well. I use a 12 dollar Allen slide holster. It works both iwb and owb
I've got that same Walther in the LE version with the phosphorescent sights. It came with a 6, 7, and 8 round mag. Love the 1" width and the trigger. Great carry gun.

I've got that same Walther in the LE version with the phosphorescent sights. It came with a 6, 7, and 8 round mag. Love the 1" width and the trigger. Great carry gun.
It's the only "compact" I have shot that handles like a full size. I absolutely love it.

Reactions: Hmm
It's the only "compact" I have shot that handles like a full size. I absolutely love it.

I haven’t carried in a bike in a long time. When I did I was young and dumb. I carried a Glock 22 with a ClipDraw. It’s just a piece of spring steel that runs along the side of the slide and clips to your pants. I’d never use one now, and wouldn’t recommend anyone else to. It did, however, prove to be more secure than you would think. I hit some gravel in a curve and low sided my SV1000 at about 35 mph. I tumbled down the street like a log and that Glock didn’t budge.

Back