• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I'll be riding the Acadiana 400

RollingJ

You can be a 0 or a
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Sims
I'll be riding the Acadiana Adventure 400 Sept 29 and 30, camping Saturday night.

It's been a while since I've done any group riding, so I thought I'd see if anyone wanted to come along.

https://www.acadianadirtriders.com

I’m planning on being there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like fun Joel! I've got some friends that have a camp just a few miles south of there on the Red River. If I didn't just get out of the hospital due to a bad infection, I'd really like to do this. Hopefully in the future.

Sorry to hear about the health issues, Jay. I'm glad you are on the mend, and I'd bet this won't be the last time I go for a ride. We'll do it another time.

I've been considering it, need to get serious on decision.

I think my brother and I will try to make it.

What are you riding now Joel? Ktm450?

Well I signed up. Will be there with XR400, probably camping

We're going to camp Friday and Saturday I think. Need to call and make sure we don't need reservations.

sounds interesting....I need to check with my entertanement director to see if I am available that weekend.

I just called. The nice lady stated that there is no need for reservations for tent camping spots, there will be space available. $9 per night, $25 for a spot with power.

Sorry, I’m still not healed up enough to make this one.

The water hole won that one.

Seriously.
86a9f273aedbe16ba09a65b6b54cc474.jpg

Wow not the mighty KLR! I hope the whole time wasn’t spent fighting the slop.

Trail didn't stop us, but the bike never started back up.. will be stripping it down this week to see what I can figure out. Don't know if the cdi got wet or what.. we got all the water out of the airbox and cylinder, we had spark, we had fuel, but wouldn't fire.

So we pulled it out with an xr400, and had a short ride day.

Happens to all of us at some time, just glad there was good help when it happened to me!

Glad you had help, scary to think of that somewhere alone in the boonies!

Back