• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I'm Going to Big Bend soon

First Name
lane
Last Name
crampton
I'm planning on riding out to Big Bend in 2-3 weeks and stay for 4-6 days. I have a place to tent camp free just outside the entrance in town. I'll be on my AT and am going to stop about half way coming and going and camp. Just seeing if anyone would be interested in coming along, always more fun with someone. Just looking for an easy relaxed week of off road riding and getting away from all this crap going on..

Last edited:
First Name
Jeff
FYI for others interested: all hotels, motels, VRBO/AirBNB and other lodgings out west are closed. That includes Brewster County (Alpine, Terlingua and the Nat Park), Presidio County (Marfa & Presidio) and Jeff Davis (Ft Davis and Davis mountain area).

Don't plan on heading west unless you've got solid plans for accommodations. No one knows how long that'll be in place.

The parks themselves - Nat and State - are both still open for access and camping, but no visitor centers are open. I'm unsure if that included fuel in Panther Junction and Rio Grande Village..

Jarrett

Forum Supporter
FYI for others interested: all hotels, motels, VRBO/AirBNB and other lodgings out west are closed. That includes Brewster County (Alpine, Terlingua and the Nat Park), Presidio County (Marfa & Presidio) and Jeff Davis (Ft Davis and Davis mountain area).

Don't plan on heading west unless you've got solid plans for accommodations. No one knows how long that'll be in place.

The parks themselves - Nat and State - are both still open for access and camping, but no visitor centers are open. I'm unsure if that included fuel in Panther Junction and Rio Grande Village..
Thanks for posting. That's exactly what I was wondering.

Resources out there are scarce during good times. Right now, I wonder if visiting there is even feasible.

First Name
lane
Last Name
crampton

They announced today that camping in the park is closed, but the park is still open.

First Name
Robert
Last Name
Krull
All motels, campgrounds, etc. are closed out here. Restaurants are take out only. Medical facilities are very limited out here. So this is really not a good time to come visit. You may want to check with the Brewster County Chamber of Commerce before you come out.

EETTU

Forum Supporter
I'm planning on riding out to Big Bend in 2-3 weeks and stay for 4-6 days. I have a place to tent camp free just outside the entrance in town. I'll be on my AT and am going to stop about half way coming and going and camp. Just seeing if anyone would be interested in coming along, always more fun with someone. Just looking for an easy relaxed week of off road riding and getting away from all this crap going on..
How did the AT do at the Round the Bend last month?

First Name
lane
Last Name
crampton
yes old ore rd, west river road and I can't remember the name of the other that goes to the canyon. Them the 25 mile street run don't remember what they called it and a lot of street riding going to see all the sites.

EETTU

Forum Supporter
yes old ore rd, west river road and I can't remember the name of the other that goes to the canyon. Them the 25 mile street run don't remember what they called it and a lot of street riding going to see all the sites.
Nice, you must be a pretty good rider to do that on a big bike with street tires! :clap:

EETTU

Forum Supporter
Nice, you must be a pretty good rider to do that on a big bike with street tires! :clap:

First Name
lane
Last Name
crampton
Nope no better then anyone else these were just very slow careful trips off road and besides those are not really tuff roads. 4 days riding and only drop once and it was my fault nothing to do with the bike. Can't wait to go back with some real tires.