• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I'm not digging the new google maps...

Thanks for your insight...i didnt realize that...probably the best riding in the surrounding area for those who dont travel far like us...

If you dont travel far how do you know what the surrounding area is like? Lol
Plenty of better riding around Houston than the Brenham area. Doesn't it seem like Groundhog Day for you riding the same roads over and over?

My bone to pick with Google maps is it wont let you modify the route more than ~8 times. Once you hit that limit you're done and cannot modify the route further. I also use the website below for simple routes as it outputs directly to a gpx file. Based off of Google maps database I think as has the same editing limit.

http://www.maps2gpx.com/

_

Give me some roads in Houston beside the forrest...done that many times...we are always looking for new roads...make sure they have plenty of curves we dont like to ride straight roads....to clarify my routes actually go outside the Brenham area...if you need the towns and roads i would be happy to provide them...

Last edited:
No batteries or updates to down load!

TX.jpg

21 bucks
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Texas-Atlas-Gazetteer-Delorme/dp/0899333206"]Texas Atlas & Gazetteer: Delorme, null: 9780899333205: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Give me some roads in Houston beside the forrest...done that many times...we are always looking for new roads...make sure they have plenty of curves we dont like to ride straight roads....to clarify my routes actually go outside the Brenham area...if you need the towns and roads i would be happy to provide them...

Didn't say in Houston I said around Houston. For me that could be a 200 mile ride to get to the start of the days ride. Buy a Butler map, ride the red, orange and yellow roads. Go to East Texas plenty of twisties with elevation changes, trees and water views to make them scenic. You say the forest meaning Sam Houston NF, plenty more to choose from; Davy Crockett NF, Angelina NF, Sabine NF, etc. Texas is a big state, don't limit your riding area.

_

Didn't say in Houston I said around Houston. For me that could be a 200 mile ride to get to the start of the days ride. Buy a Butler map, ride the red, orange and yellow roads. Go to East Texas plenty of twisties with elevation changes, trees and water views to make them scenic. You say the forest meaning Sam Houston NF, plenty more to choose from; Davy Crockett NF, Angelina NF, Sabine NF, etc. Texas is a big state, don't limit your riding area.

_

Its ok Morgstang . you can feel free to limit your riding to Brenham :lol2:............................................................................:duck:

We never have been long distance riders...a 200 to 250 mile day is plenty for us...hence staying around our area...we do take trips and trailer our bikes to Kerrville and Eureka Springs but for weekend rides we stay around here...i have 4 or 5 different routes we can take so its not the same roads each week...i will get that map you mentioned...where are those available?

...i will get that map you mentioned...where are those available?

Send Mr2mch here on TWT a PM he might still have one left. He ships quick too. Map is just Hill Country but covers a good sized area of the finest roads. I like it for the dirt roads identified also.

_

Back