• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: IMS Cycle Show 1/4-1/6 2019

I just read a piece on the dying motorcycle shows in MCN. Its a very expensive effort for the manufacturers and vendors need to sell stuff to justify being there. I've heard that many of manufacturers only take on the expense when they have a lot of new product to show. Still, the KTM 790 would have been nice to see. I'll probably still go.

No surprise there. I just wish Texas was a big enough motorcycle market for them to justify coming here. I'll never be able to go to any of the really BIG shows.

I'm going on Friday. Probably be there when it opens. I'll leave after a couple of hours thinking, "that sucked, never again." About November I'll start wondering when the next one is. Rinse and repeat.

Texas may still be the number two state for moto sales in the USA. I could be mistaken but when I looked at some data a couple years ago, it was commonly Ca, then TX. These shows are often populated by a local dealer if the principal is not there, so I think you'd see what you want to. It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in some of the exec discussions over the cost of attending these shows, particularly now, in a dramatically down and rapidly changing market. I always loved the show, and historically I've been like a pilgrim on his way to mecca every year to see it, but, sigh, am busy building out the farm this year.

Probably be there on Fri. after I leave work downtown

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I’m bringing two of my sons and a neighbor. Each year there seems to be less and less M/C manufacturers, even the vendors are fewer. But, I have an addiction and need my fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The latest updated list I received yesterday does have KTM listed..
Funny as I was in SLM a couple of weeks ago and was talking to Todd Tarver and he was talking about just how expensive it had become for the manufactures, and how KTM wanted him to represent them there, so maybe their sharing a booth..

I wisht Yamaha was there with the new T7

7813F467-246B-4EE4-8544-8EE77CC21659.gif

I am going on Saturday going to look at the new Royal Enfield 650's.
Going by the list of vendors that are supposed to be there, I won't be going. To tell the truth driving into Dallas isn't high on my list of things to do.

anybody else going this year?
baring a Ural rig suddenly becoming available, I will be caging it to bring Jeff to the show so he can dream about riding while his leg heals.

Looking over the exhibitor list, I see no Yamaha and no Honda, but Nissan will be there. What? Gets worse every year. I may skip out this year. Shame was hoping to sit the kiddo on some bikes to find what's next for him.

Get a $3 discount on tickets with the code EM819 according to an email I received this morning. Code is good till 1/3

Strange, wonder what I was looking at then. I even did a text search. Oh well. Maybe we'll go.

Not bad if you are wanting to see some new bikes all in one place. Most of the reps have very little knowledge any deeper than saying "that's a cool one". Only exception was the woman at the Progressive suspension booth, she knew her stuff and could answer anything.

KTMs don't interest me, I skipped that booth. Did see a streetfighter styled bike that said 790 on it as I walked past.

KTMs don't interest me, I skipped that booth. Did see a streetfighter styled bike that said 790 on it as I walked past.
Thanks, decided to head up, be there 1030 or so. Too wet to ride offroad here so why not.

So, smaller this year than last. Which was smaller than the previous year. No Yamaha, Ducati, or Triumph. Just like last year, I left thinking never again. Just like this year, by next year I'll probably go again:rider:.

Back