• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: IMS Cycle Show 1/4-1/6 2019

Rich and I managed to separately spend some time with Kawasaki's North America product development engineer and he took down detailed notes and asked a lot of questions about our interest in a midrange adventure bike.
say a CRF500L AT or a BMW F500GS something lighter and more manageable that a 650 strom or versa
when asked if there is going to be a new KLR, he said he couldn't say and he winked

Rich and I managed to separately spend some time with Kawasaki's North America product development engineer and he took down detailed notes and asked a lot of questions about our interest in a midrange adventure bike.
say a CRF500L AT or a BMW F500GS something lighter and more manageable that a 650 strom or versa
when asked if there is going to be a new KLR, he said he couldn't say and he winked
If Kawasaki doesnt do a KLR replacement with the Versys 650 engine....they'll be missing a great opportunity.....but the challenge would be ta keep it lighter than the Yamaha T700...& more comfy ..with good range.
A VersysX 400 could also be an option...but mabe not quite enuff oomph for some

Oooooh....they could do em both!!
KLX400 & KLX650 dirty versions....
VersysX streety versions

The fact Honda hasn't done a CB500X Rally is mind blowing. Rally raid already did the work for them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Back