• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

in need of Salvage bike yard locations

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Kelley
I just picked up a 98 DR350 that has been heavily used. The starter button is missing, the horn button now starts the bike. All the lights have been removed and the plastics have been spray painted "while still on the frame". I am wanting to start putting this thing back to together properly but my budget is low and would like to try and find as many parts at a junk yard as possible. Any ideas out there of an motorcycle salvage yards still around?

http://www.rubbersideup.com/

Not a walk in and browse place but if you don’t see what you need in the online inventory send an email to check. They’re dismantlers and have a lot stuff they haven’t gotten to yet. My experience was that if the item was already in their inventory and you didn’t order to late in the day, it shipped same day.

Rubber Side Up, LLC
1501 Carson St.
Haltom City, TX 76117
Phone: 817.683.2328
Email:sales@rubbersideup.com

I just picked up a 98 DR350 that has been heavily used. The starter button is missing, the horn button now starts the bike. All the lights have been removed and the plastics have been spray painted "while still on the frame". I am wanting to start putting this thing back to together properly but my budget is low and would like to try and find as many parts at a junk yard as possible. Any ideas out there of an motorcycle salvage yards still around?
let me know if you cant find it on ebay, i have plenty of extra parts for DR350s

I have been able to find most everything on ebay, but i have never liked dealing with that site. Never know what your gonna get. I'm going to get the lights i need from Amazon since those aren't that important. I am in need of the Right hand switch assembly, a muffler and the front sprocket cover<- not that important. I will worry about all the kick start parts later.

I miss the good old walk around junkyards. Not too many of them left these days. Craigslist & eBay are my answers now. I would think, with a DR350, you should be able to buy loads of stuff from several forums. I was able to get all sorts of cool stuff for a DR650 I bought at police auction from advrider.com and other such sites.

Best of luck.

You might try NE Cycle Salvage (I believe that's North End) in Beaumont. They have an online parts search and order system. 14 years ago I bought a complete bike from them. It had a clean Texas title, not salvage, and the price was right. They also let me do the walk through of their parts binds to find a few extra parts I needed. At the time it was a good place to get used parts.

yeah Skip, They closed down about 10 years ago due to the owner having some health issues. His son opened it up a few months ago on Saturdays only but eveything was so grown up that it really was not worth going

let me know if you cant find it on ebay, i have plenty of extra parts for DR350s
I need the little rubber piece that goes into the frame that the side panel screws into. A lower Speedo housing would be nice too. Mine is being held in by a zip tie.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Just saw this on Craigslist. Says they'll be open Saturday Jan. 12th. I just copied part of the ad. Go to Craigslist.

Red Springs Motorcycle Salvage is opening back up.

My grandfather ran this business for over 40 years repairing and selling motorcycle parts.

We mostly have Japanese made motorcycles, three wheelers and ATVs: Kawasaki, Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha---All motorcycle inventory ranges from late 1960s to late 1990s. We do not have any Harley's, Indians, Triumphs, Buells, or Ducati so please do not ask!

Just saw this on Craigslist. Says they'll be open Saturday Jan. 12th. I just copied part of the ad. Go to Craigslist.

Red Springs Motorcycle Salvage is opening back up.

My grandfather ran this business for over 40 years repairing and selling motorcycle parts.

We mostly have Japanese made motorcycles, three wheelers and ATVs: Kawasaki, Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha---All motorcycle inventory ranges from late 1960s to late 1990s. We do not have any Harley's, Indians, Triumphs, Buells, or Ducati so please do not ask!
haha, better hurry before the earth takes back it's resources
https://easttexas.craigslist.org/mpo/d/tyler-largest-motorcycle-salvage-yard/6788053746.html

Back