• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Inaugural Motorcycle Grand Tour of Texas

I read in the current issue of "Ride Texas" about this. Not a tour in the traditional sense but is instead self-guided. It starts Mar. 1 and goes through Nov. 15, and you just ride to as many of the up to 50 Texas points of interest as you want during that time. There will be a points system awarded for each destination reached, and you can win cool stuff if you are one of the top finishers.

Sounds like a lot of fun, especially for those of us who do a lot of solo or small group rides but don't really go in for the rally thing. More info here: https://motorcyclegrandtouroftexas.com/.

Texas T

Forum Supporter
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Thorn
Nice concept. Very similar to the Tour Of Honor in the sense that it's self-guided, similar time line, awards, etc. If I were still living in Texas I think I'd be a part of riding this.

mitchntx

Follower of Rev. Doug
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Warren
Interesting ... I did notice that registration only has one entry for motorcycle make/model.

I submitted a clarification question for those of us who might ride a touring bike and adventure bike and capture pics of either throughout the tour.

Interesting ... I did notice that registration only has one entry for motorcycle make/model.

I submitted a clarification question for those of us who might ride a touring bike and adventure bike and capture pics of either throughout the tour.
That’s helpful to point out. There are probably quite a few that would use multiple bikes if allowed to do so.

Rigid

Forum Supporter
First Name
Lane
Last Name
Turner
I signed up, but I also need to use multiple bikes, I believe many riders need this option.

Rigid

Forum Supporter
First Name
Lane
Last Name
Turner
I just went and read on his FAQ, if you have multiple bikes, enter the one you will ride the most.

I signed up before Christmas.
I did the Team Strange 2019 Grand Tour - States of Confusion and had a good time getting those points. But it takes more than I can do two years in a row so I decided not to pursue another one for a while, then this Texas only tour came up, so it's really appealing. It also helps that some of the sponsors are close to where I grew up and where I live now.

mitchntx

Follower of Rev. Doug
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Warren
I just went and read on his FAQ, if you have multiple bikes, enter the one you will ride the most.
Mr. Canada's replay was to use a "/" between bike descriptions.

First Name
Tim
In my case it would be what is my wife spending money on while I am gone..Which would be fine since we would both be doing what we like .

First Name
Tim
Last Name
Shelfer
tshelfer said:
Careful - Your wife could misconstrue that statement. :lol2:
[/QUOTe
She can't ride anymore, but encourages me to. Good lady in my life.

What I meant was that my wife would be prone to taking your statement as "What? You're saying you can have more fun with a motorcycle than me? And for less money?"
:duck:

First Name
John
Last Name
Ebert
tshelfer said:
[/QUOTe

What I meant was that my wife would be prone to taking your statement as "What? You're saying you can have more fun with a motorcycle than me? And for less money?"
Trust me, I understand.

First Name
David
tshelfer said:
[/QUOTe

Well, sometimes the truth hurts. :hack::duck: