• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Inaugural Motorcycle Grand Tour of Texas

Stops are finalized, so .gpx updated.

#12, #22, and #47 were changed. #47 is any Liberty Mutual office, so my waypoint is an office in Georgetown. It's an approximation of that address, as Garmin's Basecamp doesn't have any of the Rivery section of town mapped out. Of course, unless you live close to Georgetown, you will want to find your own location.

#44 was nailed down as 5/16, at the Flying L Resort, so if you go there, you can check off 2 at the same time.

#50 was added, the Gage Hotel in Marathon.

GPX viewer
Yep - got my Google map all updated. Also got my tour flag yesterday, so I stowed it in my saddlebag so as not to have to worry to remember to bring it when I'm out "touring'.

I'll be getting ready to move over the next few months though so won't get as much of an early jump on it as I hoped.

I'm in. #222. All mapped on Earth. May make gpx, may just wing it. Could be a fun group ride. But schedules and all probably make that difficult.

There's now a picture submission portal on the tour site which should make the tour stop verification a lot easier. I have a first day route planned in Scenic app to knock out 5 stops.

Last edited:
Yep, asked David about logging in. He hasn't set up password stuff, yet, I guess. Don't want people jumping the gun.:)
May do some planned. Some are close enough to just wing it. Farther ones will require a little planning. I'm not retired, yet.

If it matters, I'm in the Spring-Conroe area. Makes going north easy.

On day one (Mar. 1) I logged five stops on a 350 mile route that included Navasota, Hallettsville, and Seguin. While visiting the World's Largest Pecan in Seguin, about a dozen other tour riders showed up.

Did anyone else here get started yet?

Day 1 was a day of rest. But day 2, I knocked out 4 (Seguin and Hallettsville). Don’t rub it in, I know I missed one in Gonzalez 🤬🙄😇

Day 1 was a day of rest. But day 2, I knocked out 4 (Seguin and Hallettsville). Don’t rub it in, I know I missed one in Gonzalez 🤬🙄😇

Gonzalez?? There's nothing there on either the Tour Stops web page or the downloadable PDF to track your stops. If so, I would've missed it too since I went through Gonzalez.

You were in Seguin and didn't stop by to say hello? tisk tisk

Gonzalez, Confederate Square, was on the previous versions, but got cut for the one in Port A, I think.
I did Huntsville, Navasota, and a Liberty Mutual.
Funny, a guy in the blog said he saw a couple in Seguin that did ten, but he looked really stressed. Guess he needs to win the riding gear.
I'm going to try for Hallettsville and Seguin this weekend. Maybe Port A.

If y'all try for San Jacinto Monument, just be aware that the Lynchburg ferry is closed for repairs to the docks until later in the year. There are other ways to get there, but it's more really crowded freeways.

If y'all try for San Jacinto Monument, just be aware that the Lynchburg ferry is closed for repairs to the docks until later in the year. There are other ways to get there, but it's more really crowded freeways.

Good to know - thanks.

You were in Seguin and didn't stop by to say hello? tisk tisk

If only I knew you where there.
1583455846865.png

Long day in the saddle today. :rider: I thought it was going to be a nice day but started with a light drizzle and then DPS on the hunt then pavement ends one lane construction. Ended with 626+ miles for two sites #42 and #34. But still better then a day at work. :trust::mrgreen:

Lots of miles for two sites!

I'll probably need a set of tires before it's over, seeing as Big Bend and Marathon is over 1000 miles round trip for me!

Last edited:
Just an fyi, if you're looking at the Google Map that the organizer posted, the Castro County Courthouse is not a stop.

So I'm guessing I'm not alone in saying COVID-19 has impacted my Tour plans. I had several loops built around stops to eat and take bathroom breaks, and now I'll have to improvise in these areas.

What do you guys use to carry food and beverages and keep them cold, especially as the weather heats up? Also, what's the best app for showing nearby public restrooms e.g. like Fredericksburg, Boerne, and other small towns have, not just the big rest stops on the interstates and U.S. highways?

So I'm guessing I'm not alone in saying COVID-19 has impacted my Tour plans. I had several loops built around stops to eat and take bathroom breaks, and now I'll have to improvise in these areas.

What do you guys use to carry food and beverages and keep them cold, especially as the weather heats up? Also, what's the best app for showing nearby public restrooms e.g. like Fredericksburg, Boerne, and other small towns have, not just the big rest stops on the interstates and U.S. highways?

I never worried about food on my day trips since I can fast 24 hours. But I have no problems with fried chicken in the parking lot. :eat: As for restrooms break, I lived and worked in the country for years.

I am currently in a holding pattern at 16 stops visited, with no plans to venture out for more any time soon.

I have visited most of what would be semi easy day rides from the house the first two weekends since this started. Also Dallas County put out a shelter in place order which means Tarrant county where I live isn't far behind.

I have been affected by weather more than the Kung Flu virus.

Yep - been pretty wet. But that's a good thing 'cause we need the rain.

I am currently in a holding pattern at 16 stops visited, with no plans to venture out for more any time soon.

I have visited most of what would be semi easy day rides from the house the first two weekends since this started. Also Dallas County put out a shelter in place order which means Tarrant county where I live isn't far behind.

I've just been out Mar. 1 and did 5. Travis and Williamson counties go under shelter in place tomorrow, but I'm packing some hand sanitizer, eats and beverages to knock out maybe 3 more tomorrow.

EDIT: After reading the restrictions in Austin's stay at home order, it appears all non-essential travel is forbidden so I'll be postponing any Tour-related riding until the order is lifted. With the growing number of counties issuing stay at home orders, I imagine a state-wide one is just around the corner. I wonder if the Tour end date will get extended as a result.

Last edited:
The port a potty at Baby Head Cemetery is open, but alas, there is no TP. On a more positve note, if you stay inside for 20 seconds with the door closed, I think you will be immune to the coronavirus. Note: I am not a doctor, and do not play one on TV.

Yeah, looks like a lot of places may have travel restrictions soon. My county has said they will not shut down the roads. Curfew midnight to 6am. Individuals can go to park areas. Only essential businesses may open. Firearms stores may remain open. Seriously. Texas!

Back