• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

INDEPENDENT REAR SUSPENSION BY "ROADSMITH TRIKES"

Reaction score
First Name
Hollidayjay
Ordered the IRS for my Honda VTX 1800F on May 5, 2019 based on a quote from an installing dealer, who pays a premium to Roadsmith for a reserved order spot on the production line. This premium supposedly allows for a much-shorter shipping time. }Four} months later, I was informed they were trying to discontinue this model. Changed the existing order to a newer model (body style not as pretty as the original), Just shy of two months later, partner/owner Doug said they had four in stock, and could "ship it within a week" or less. More puffin, nice way of lying. Next up was the exhaust system, flat out stated they could not provide the exhaust system, had to modify the original system from my scoot. After six months, it finally showed up, minus a number of parts on back order. Less than a hundred EASY miles on the unit, and this sucker is slinging gear lubricant like a 1913 Perry Mack with open oiling system used on the old board trackers of yesteryear. It is my personal opinion that a name change is in order here, from Roadsmith to Puffsmith. If your interested in a trike conversion, STAY AWAY FROM ROADSMITH TRIKES.

Puffsmith Trikes (fomerly Roadsmith) failed to install the vent assembly onto the differential housing when it was over-filled with gear lube. When they were informed of the problem the response was "We will ship that out right away", eight days later they sent some pieces that were sourced from a hardware bend at Ace. Seven months into the deal and still no rear bumper. Don't get me wrong here, it's a short piece of pipe with chrome, not very technical, just elusive as ****. STAY AWAY FROM ROADSMITH TRIKES.

Back