• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Information needed for 3 wheel training class

Hmm

Reaction score
Howdy Team. My wife says that she wants to learn to ride our 3 wheeler, a Can Am Spyder. She has never ridden except as a passenger on my 2 wheelers and on our 3 wheeler. I do plan to teach her a bit but I think that she could use a complete motorcycle classroom and hands on training for only riding a 3 wheeler. We would want to end up with a class that would provide a certificate honored by the Texas DMV so that she could get her license.

Any information that anyone has for us would be appreciated.

A BRC would cover the liscence part , the only 3 wheeler course I’ve heard of is offered by the gold wing road riders club , I doubt it would have any effect on lisencing in Texas and is usally only offered at major grwrra functions and probly membership would be required too . And I would guess targeted more toward a conventional three wheeler . Might check with a can am dealer , they might know of something .

Marcus Renfroe with the Pineywoods Riders Academy up in Lufkin (936-674-6767) teaches the S/TEP course, generally the 1st weekend of each month. He did suspend classes last year due to some health issues, but returned to teaching a few months ago. His Sidecar/Trike Education Program course focuses more on conventional trikes and sidecar rigs. I've been thru the course more than once.

I see MSF is now offering 3-Wheel Basic RiderCourse, apparently focusing on reverse trikes. I suspect Bombardier had/has a hand/funds in this venture. Look down the page here: https://www.msf-usa.org/students.aspx#special-ss for a discription of the course and a link to search for teaching locations.

Reactions: Hmm
Mancuso HD offers the 3WBRC. They use the Can-Am Spyder and also the new full auto Ryker. Can Am is currently subsidizing You getting your 3 wheel license. If you get licensed on a 3wheeler, that is all you can ride. If you get your license on a 2 wheeler, you can ride anything. There is a special right now where you can take this $240 class for $49 bucks ! No strings attached , you do not have to buy anything! They also offer the Total Control 3WBRC which is only a one day course and good for licensing.

Last edited:
Back