• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Inks Lake Trip

Reaction score
First Name
David
Last Name
W
Good Morning Ya'll,

I'll be headed for Inks Lake State park from Willis, TX on Friday morning (1/31/20). Then, if all goes well I'll leave the next morning on the Salt Branch - Inks Lake - Sandy Creek DS route from the park on to it's end.

Has anyone seen the Sandy Creek water crossings lately?

Is it worth it to swing by TJ's KTM?

Are you camping at Inks? Park road 4 is paved but a nice road to check out. Eat at Crazy Gals in Burnet when you get hungry.

Are you camping at Inks? Park road 4 is paved but a nice road to check out. Eat at Crazy Gals in Burnet when you get hungry.
I'm camping at Inks. I dunno, I'd planned on cooking at camp but my route in is long and dirty. I might wimp out and get dinner Friday night.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Sandy creek is almost bone dry as everything around there right now as of Saturday 25th but it rained last night but i would not worry about it much.

Aaron
Awesome! I've never done a water crossing and was hoping it wouldn't be too crazy.

I'm camping at Inks. I dunno, I'd planned on cooking at camp but my route in is long and dirty. I might wimp out and get dinner Friday night.

If you like chicken fried steak it is the best local spot for that. I camped at Inks during the Thanksgiving holiday. Plenty of good tent camping spots to the left of the ranger station. What will you be riding?

If you like chicken fried steak it is the best local spot for that. I camped at Inks during the Thanksgiving holiday. Plenty of good tent camping spots to the left of the ranger station. What will you be riding?
I'm on a CB500x. Pretty comfy for back roads and dirt, but long slab gets a little monotonous. I'm taking the southern half of the cheeseburger loop out of Willis, then bending west on FM's, SH's, and County Roads all the way to Burnet.

Do ride PR4 if your coming up from Marble Falls. It is the back way to Inks. Make sure to check out the castle on the right hand side of PR4. Be a cool pic to add to your ride report.

Do ride PR4 if your coming up from Marble Falls. It is the back way to Inks. Make sure to check out the castle on the right hand side of PR4. Be a cool pic to add to your ride report.

Castle? Man this is gonna be great.

+1 for PR 4. Beautiful drive, nice curves. And yeah, the castle will make you do a double take. It looks rather like Bavaria's Neuschwanstein castle. I understand it was built as a wedding & event destination.

PR4 and Sandy Creek are both fun roads. Enjoy!

1431 from Marble Falls to Austin and Cow Creek Rd off 1174 are also favorites. You can link to Anderson Lane and ride Lime Creek Road.

Sounds like a good time. I'll be at work on Friday though, like usual. I'm guessing off on Friday is a normal schedule thing for you?

I haven't any specifics worked out yet, but I'm eyeing presidents day weekend for a possible 2 day riding and camping trip. Stay tuned.

Sounds like a good time. I'll be at work on Friday though, like usual. I'm guessing off on Friday is a normal schedule thing for you?

I haven't any specifics worked out yet, but I'm eyeing presidents day weekend for a possible 2 day riding and camping trip. Stay tuned.
No I'm taking a mental health day. Time for a reboot. Lol

I might do another trip here in the near future. I'm probably the hill country spring rally in April, we'll see.

Last edited:
All dressed up and ready to go! Friday morning can't get here fast enough.
96187e7ca2c17a34f15526e7c062fdeb.jpg
0f2ece5c5bbadf3c38258d0ea8405f42.jpg

Looks good! Somewhat off topic but any plans to add some crash bars?
Maybe? The bike is getting a rally raid kit next year sometime, and their skid plate has a good amount of engine protection built in. I'll probably just got with that.

Ride report is up in "after the ride".

Back