• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Insanity - Big Bend in July!

That sounds great - sounds like you ran into rain, so I'll assume not too hot...but how was the mud?

The mud was slick and slimy on the surface. Do everything you can to prepare for mud -- right tires, right pressure. Chances are good you'll get rain. Hopefully it won't be a gully washer. You might have to wait it out sometimes. We were on pavement a couple of times when really heavy rain came and we would have had a rally bad time on dirt.

Last edited:
The mud was slick and slimy on the surface. Do everything you can to prepare for mud -- right tires, right pressure. Chances are good you'll get rain. Hopefully it won't be a gully washer. You might have to wait it out sometimes. We were on pavement a couple of times when really heavy rain came and we would have had a rally bad time on dirt.
I forgot to comment on temperatures: That was amazing. Days normally hung in the 70s, though we saw 86° or so on the upper end. During at least one rain spell, i registered 51° on the Voyager Pro. Night camping just west of Pie Town dropped to around 55°. (guessing).

Back