• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Insurance Premiums

I carry liability only but I haven't seen a big jump. It is still $116 a year for 2 riders and 3 motorcycles.

Not yet, hope not. I thoughts rates were coming down since folks weren't out and about.

Allstate did, moved to Geico, cheaper than my old price.

Find an agent who sells Dairyland. Great company with good prices / coverages.

Dairyland went up for me this year. Called to complain and they said it was in response to the Texas Dept of Insurance making changes that affected all insurance carriers. Who knows but they lowered the price below what I was paying before.

I'm with Progressive and they've been very reasonable. My last renewal wasn't that long ago and the change was insignificant. Check them out.

Prices have been stable for several years , I did notice the carrier was liberty mutial , that surprised me usally people that flood the market with adds are the worst price wise , they gotta pay for all that air time . It’s thru an independent agent so it’s been well shopped .

Allstate did, moved to Geico, cheaper than my old price.
I had American something out of Cleveland for a few years. Last month was renewal and their customer service was crappy when I switched cycles. Just went to Geico and it was cheaper but only because I now just have liability on the 2 bikes. Geico has always been expensive every other time I called.

Anyone else experienced a BIG jump in premiums recently? I haven't filed a claim in nearly 20 years and Markel (Bikeline) almost doubled my premium vs. this time last year.
You know, I thought so when I renewed a couple weeks ago. I'll check for sure though

Most motor vehicle insurers have rebated 10-15% back to policyholders as there are less claims due to less miles driven.

My auto and homeowners insurance has gone way up in the last year or two. Haul claim 3 years ago on house didn't help I'm sure.

Back