• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Interesting

241831087_6371699122870364_924354406251737523_n.jpg

Ok, I'm making this too complicated. Do they track you using your smart device and Strava or do they track you via real HEAT mapping example body or engine heat?

I'm 99.9997% sure that just follow your phone. I don't think it is any different than Google Maps or iPhone or Android. It's what they do with your information that is disturbing. Just ask the US Military after Strava published tracks from all the special ops guys using it on secret US bases.

This is yet ANOTHER REASON I like to use a dedicated GPS unit for navigation (and line the inside of my helmet with foil).

Last edited:
I'm 99.9997% sure that just follow your phone. I don't think it is any different than Google Maps or iPhone or Android. It's what they do with your information that is disturbing. Just ask the US Military after Strava published tracks from all the special ops guys using it on secret US bases.

This is yet ANOTHER REASON I like to use a dedicated GPS unit for navigation (and line the inside of my helmet with foil).

I know my phone is being tracked, but I keep the GPS turned off on the phone unless I absolutely need to use it. Some apps require GPS to be turned on in order to use them and they have nothing to do with a map. I refuse to use those apps when I come across them.

You connect to cell towers, those give general areas. Triangulation can be done. Amazing what info Tik Tok gets, and thus the Chinese government.

You connect to cell towers, those give general areas. Triangulation can be done. Amazing what info Tik Tok gets, and thus the Chinese government.
Yep. I don't use very many apps on my phone anyway. TikTok is one of those apps that really ticks me off since there are other apps that do the same basic thing that weren't paid for with communist government dollars. Its not on my phone and that's for sure.

What a tool.
At the very least, they could start a work program for youth to part them out.
Typical liberal stance on taking care of a problem.
Instead of clearing the titles and selling them at auction like most municipalities do to make some money back these idiots pay a company to crush and scrap out the bikes.
Here in noth tx you can donate a vehicle to many different charities. They clear the titles and sell at auction to raise money.

What a tool.
At the very least, they could start a work program for youth to part them out.
Isn't that tool up for replacing soon?

I like the idea of a work program parting them out.

Just watched the video a little bit and it looked like less than 1/4 of the bikes were dirt bikes. Most looked like scooters and sport bikes. What a waste.

Typical liberal stance on taking care of a problem.
Instead of clearing the titles and selling them at auction like most municipalities do to make some money back these idiots pay a company to crush and scrap out the bikes.
Here in noth tx you can donate a vehicle to many different charities. They clear the titles and sell at auction to raise money.
Agreed. Typical liberal response. Do nothing constructive and blame the tool, not the individual.

Lived in CA for 31 years, TX for 21. I have no plans to go back. Besides, they don't want me there (no, I don't have warrants). NY isn't any better.

I would never live in any city where "dirt bikes are dangerous"!:eek2:

I would never live in any city where "dirt bikes are dangerous"!:eek2:
Where I used to live in northeast Philadelphia is infested with thousands of illegally ridden bikes and ATVs. Only a couple blocks away a couple weeksago, there was about 1000 in an abandoned comercial property having a big loud party and a few deaths that evening. Listening to the "L" only a block away was bad enough when trying to get some sleep. Imagine 1000 stuntaz tearing through your hood.

The tracer 9 GT is a nice looking bike, but I don't care for the blue rims on it. Green is my favorite color. Don't care what brand of bike, just make them in green please.

The tracer 9 GT is a nice looking bike, but I don't care for the blue rims on it. Green is my favorite color. Don't care what brand of bike, just make them in green please.
I’ve got a friend who really likes the bike and wants test ride one, but all the dealers in her area don’t have any. Kinda funny, she said the same thing about the rims - doesn’t care for the blue color.

Back