• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Interesting

I shamelessly borrow from the Team section of Thumpertalk. There are some really good ones that I can’t post due to their content. God (Scott) would have a REAL problem with most of them.

Rsquared

Un-Supervised Slacker
Forum Supporter

Thanks Rob, that was a lot of fun yesterday. Being able to ride anytime you want to is going to be a Hoot...

DSC04211.jpg

Windmill

Forum Supporter
Early 70's we had a Zundapp dealer here in Graham. Only folks I saw riding them was the owner and I think one son.
I saw a couple run. Didn't they. have a Sachs motor? I remember they sounded like a Penton, Ring-A- ding ding. Beautiful bikes but never saw one with a tail light in M/X

Last edited:

woodsguy

Forum Supporter
TORCS may not love SXS, but they love the money they draw to the event.
I don't agree, yes they do LOVE the extra money, sure it helps the bottom line a lot. But it also seems like it's where his heart is now, maybe I'm wrong. And not bashing them, I like Gil, just don't think the 2 mix. Of course I love true single track. My problem is we miss a couple of good properties that won't allow SXS, and too many of the courses are setup to handle both to some extent. So to me, the mc part ends up with too much "grass track". But I'm sure some love it, it is what it is. Probably why I'm doing more enduros now. Of course I'm old and done with anyway, lol!

Can you imagine what Spoakes looks like this morning! I ride at Sterling Ranch a lot, the SXS ruts are still there from June.

Hate seeing SXS on a mc course. Luckily they race last but still destroy the terrain. And TORCS has fallen in love with them for some reason. :giveup:
I love riding them when I get the chance. I can push hard, while surrounded by a cage, and my knees don't hurt after 15 minutes of riding. I would love to own a stock rzr 570 or 800.

That being said, they should run a different loop, keep the bikes riding tight and difficult terrain. Let the SXS have their own loop.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

woodsguy

Forum Supporter
I love riding them when I get the chance. I can push hard, while surrounded by a cage, and my knees don't hurt after 15 minutes of riding. I would love to own a stock rzr 570 or 800.

That being said, they should run a different loop, keep the bikes riding tight and difficult terrain. Let the SXS have their own loop.

Don't get me wrong, for the most part the bikes do different on most properties. But we do share some and they are real hard on the properties.

Don't get me wrong, for the most part the bikes do different on most properties. But we do share some and they are real hard on the properties.
Good. Some rancher still has to spend time on a tractor to fill the ruts. Ruts aren't a huge concern for me, as long as they're not in my roads. You can see truck donut ruts from google earth. We have hogs, they tear up the fields anyways. People forget those things are off road race cars. My dads rhino cannot rut stuff up that bad. The original rzr was not bad. But now everything has a 1000cc turbocharged engine over 150hp. My car I drive to work has 105hp, and the new msrp is cheaper. They probably could use their own series.

Last edited:

Windmill

Forum Supporter
I like the one where he was decapitated by a semi because he wasn't wearing a helmet :lol2: Oh and his head rolled down the road and into a gutter.:yawn: