• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Interesting

First Name
Jay
Last Name
Birdsong
Just pull out the cam, weld the valves shut, install a reed valve on the intake, and get a little creative with the Dremel tool making some transfer ports - easy peasy. :mrgreen:

First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
Glad to have you join us! It was a beautiful day to ride. We ended up doing the whole loop!

Attachments

jfink

Forum Supporter
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Fink
Glad to have you join us! It was a beautiful day to ride. We ended up doing the whole loop!
Wow! That's great. Was the bridge after Carlos open? As it turned out I could have stayed with you guys. Workers never showed up today.

First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
Wow! That's great. Was the bridge after Carlos open? As it turned out I could have stayed with you guys. Workers never showed up today.
1-Well wish you had checked, always good to have you along!
2- At Yankees, Terry had a new to me dirt road to see, so we didn't try the Carlos rd, so not sure of bridge. Where we got back on route no problem.
3-For the day we dodged 3-4 road graders, don't think any waved back, lol. Missed 1 loose horse, 2 calves running wild, and a huge ole billy goat at the end! Great weather, the dirt roads were fun, and good company!

jfink

Forum Supporter
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Fink
Was thinking this while stuck in the cage going to work :tears:
I used to work in downtown Houston, in one of those "high rises". From my office I looked down over the Pierce elevated (I-45 for those no knowing). I remember one 'perfect' day standing at the window, watching someone on a bike ride north. I remember how envious I was. Now, I am that guy. So, I try to ride anytime the weather cooperates and other obligations don't get in the way. But still not near enough!

jfink

Forum Supporter
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Fink
2- At Yankees, Terry had a new to me dirt road to see, so we didn't try the Carlos rd, so not sure of bridge. Where we got back on route no problem...
You really know how to make me feel bad! LOL I would be interested in this road you speak of.

bwdmax

Forum Supporter
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Turner
1-Well wish you had checked, always good to have you along!
2- At Yankees, Terry had a new to me dirt road to see, so we didn't try the Carlos rd, so not sure of bridge. Where we got back on route no problem.
3-For the day we dodged 3-4 road graders, don't think any waved back, lol. Missed 1 loose horse, 2 calves running wild, and a huge ole billy goat at the end! Great weather, the dirt roads were fun, and good company!
You got me confused... I thought Joe had to bail early then you come in here and say he was there at the end.:scratch:

Rsquared

Forum Supporter
Looks like a fun place to ride, but the best part of the video is at 5:20 and again at 6:10...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0iT-5CIaSs"]2018 ISDE Western USA Qualifier (Man vs. Cholla) - YouTube[/ame]