• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Interesting

Live oak county (county in area of highway 59 and interstate 37 south tx) really seeing the illegal aliens flowing in. Our hyper-reach report:

Msg from Live Oak County TX: BAIL OUT RESULTS FORM THE PAST TWO DAYS IS 14 APPREHENDED NEAR 37 AND 59 YESTERDAY. 11 APPREHENDED TODAY NEAR DINERO. CONTINUE TO REPORT ANY SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY IN THOSE AREAS TO LIVE OAK SHERIFFS OFFICE AT 361-449-2271

300EXC's are 2stroke THUMPERS...put in 3rd and roost the woods :thumb:

Things I can only dream of doing as a (no longer flying due to cost) private pilot...
And considering the closest thing would be owning a 30 year old foreign military jet at $3,000 a flight, I doubt it was ever really in the cards ;-)

In the meantime

Last edited:
And considering the closest thing would be owning a 30 year old foreign military jet at $3,000 a flight, I doubt it was ever really in the cards ;-)
Nothing beats flying someone else's plane on someone else's dollar!

If I were given access to the equipment, I'd give it a try. A couple touch 'n go's to get the feel for it and I'd probably be good. Good enough for my crazy *** to try it anyway!

Short/soft field work was always my favorite and speciality. My dream job is being a bush pilot. Pipe dream at this point.

I know where there's some deals on 172's in Lancaster, TX.

I know where there's some deals on 172's in Lancaster, TX.
Unless it was free, came with a free storage contract at a local airport, and I could do so the MX myself rather than pay an A&P, maybe I could afford the gas on occasion. Aviation is WAY too expensive, but there's nothing else like it.

Oh, and it would have to be a "N" model or older. Gotta have my 40° barn door flaps!

Unless it was free, came with a free storage contract at a local airport, and I could do so the MX myself rather than pay an A&P, maybe I could afford the gas on occasion. Aviation is WAY too expensive, but there's nothing else like it.

Oh, and it would have to be a "N" model or older. Gotta have my 40° barn door flaps!
I believe 1 or 2 are. I can get details, if interested. Dad's an old school A&P. Doesn't like "glass" cockpits. Cesna's are $25k each. Ercoupe's not for sale, AFAIK.

Last edited:
Back