• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Interesting

Gotta be the bike!

tough situation, those blessed with money be thankful, lol

Save money vs only live once :ponder:

I know those days of taking the calculator to the grocery store sure sucked.
But, riding out of the dealer lot on my new wee was nice too.:pirate:

I know some guys that would look at that, turn to me and ask, "Is your camera ready...?" :lol2:

View attachment 227444

But, but the GPS said this way!
Was riding the TAT in AR once and the guy leading was so glued to his GPS he never looked up enough to really see where he was. Got to an intersection of some highway and the CORRECT choice was to go across, curve to the right and continue on the gravel road we were on. But NO, the GPS said turn right so he headed right on the pavement. About twenty miles later he finally yielded to common sense and decided to backtrack to the original spot. Techno geeks,,,,,, just got to luv 'em!

And anyone could see that car coming for 200 yards. Lucky he gassed it.
Ive actually caught myself doing that twice. Never crossed but grabbed the front brake before i pulled out. Just in too much of a hurry.

I did something similar turning left on to a highway right before we ate lunch in Post Texas. This was about 12 hours into a 21 hour ride I took with Bwdmax and WildernessRider a few years back. I totally blanked on that semi coming up on my right, and he as comming fast. I was rolling into the lane and somehow caught him out of the corner of my eye. I dropped back into second and grabbed the throttle, and as soon as I got up to speed and the guys caught up, I ran out of gas and had to tilt the bike over to limp into town. Not my finest moment.

Post Texas is awesome! It should be the postage stamp for TX. The hills behind you with the windmills and the flat land south.

In the words of Daniel, "I thought I could make it..." :shrug:

Just one of the times those words slipped from his lips...

And another...

The funny thing was that he was always surprised by the result...

"What did you think would happen when you hit that deep mud and tried to turn!?"

"I dunno..."

:doh:

:lol2:

Now that is funny. Reminds me so much of my boys at about that age. No telling how many time they would come walking up to camp saying "I thought I could make it".

I was still up at the front of the property by the barn getting an ATV ready to ride when he came walking up out of the woods and told me he had dropped the bike in some water. I was thinking maybe the creek he rides through. NOOOoooo... We rode back down to the back of the property and I came around a corner to see the bike WAY over on the other side of that muddy swamp. Fortunately, he fell before it actually got deep. Another five feet or so and it would have been up to the handle bars. Amazingly, he did not get any water in the engine!! He must have stalled before falling over. He was able to get it up and on the side stand, but he couldn't get it out of the much. I had to wade in and get it... :argh:

Back