• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Interesting

I guess I missed something. What is with the massive scar?

Roczen literally destroyed his arm (while racing) but returned to racing and has been in the champions contention ever since.

That's quite a filet, looks like what they do to cadavers

Roczen literally destroyed his arm (while racing) but returned to racing and has been in the champions contention ever since.

That's quite a filet, looks like what they do to cadavers
Actually came back from this gruesome one and got hurt almost as bad again, so twice.

Tiger Woods... Greatest comeback in sports! (that we watch) but not including...
In no particular order...

Oracle Team USA in America's Cup in 2013, down by 7 races, won 8 consecutive races to take the cup
Team USA 1980 Winter Olympics, the Miracle on Ice.
Cleveland Indians Vs Seattle Mariners 2001, were down by 12 runs in the 7th, won 15-14 in the 11th
Buffalo Bills Vs Oilers wild card 1993 down 3-28 @ half time to win 38-35
Greg Lemond, Winner 1989 Tour de France & World Championship, after breaking his wrist and being shot on a Turkey hunt the year before
George Forman, 1994 aged 45, after 10 year retirement comes back to win all 3 heavyweight champion titles, keeps it for 3 years, still the oldest heavyweight champ ever.
Muhammed Ali 1975, the Thriller in Manilla, 'nuff said.
Bethany Hamilton, lost an arm to a tiger shark, came back to win major surfing titles including Open Women's title.
Nikki Lauder, nearly dies in fiery crash 1976, came back in 43 days to win 4th place and 2 more championships later.
Steve Redgrave, rowing to win 4 consecutive Olympic gold medals, retires in 1996, returns in 2000 to win another gold.

Learn golf, the fundamentals of golf by Ben Hogan. GREAT BOOK . My golf phase

THIS guy...

In the crash in February 1949 Hogan threw himself across the legs of his wife Valerie to protect her. His injuries were a double-fracture of the pelvis, a fractured collarbone, fractured left ankle, chipped ribs and near fatal blood clots. A surgeon was flown from New Orleans by US Air Force plane to save his life.Jun 14, 2013

Ben Hogan Golf's Greatest Comeback. Tiger Woods said this week ahead of The Masters that Ben Hogan's comeback was the greatest in sports history. ... The fact thatBen Hogan even played in the 1950 US Open at Merion is incredible, as 16 months earlier he almost died in a car crash. That he won is beyond belief.Apr 5, 2018

Don't forget Robert Dunlop.
And if we're including yachting, we might include Bernard Moitessier who decided that sailing was more fun than winning the Sunday Time Golden Globe solo around the world race and turned east after rounding the Horn and headed to Tahiti.

And for me, golf is another game where the biggest injury threat is to the liver.

This was interesting what went on behind the scenes of the masters tournament on Sunday in Georga

The day before in TX, Saturday ,saw where there was a ef 3 tornado in Franklin Texas that tore up jack and even killed 2 I think. This is going to be a bad spring with the constant el Nino flow from the pacific.

This was interesting what went on behind the scenes of the masters tournament on Sunday in Georga

The day before in TX, Saturday ,saw where there was a ef 3 tornado in Franklin Texas that tore up jack and even killed 2 I think. This is going to be a bad spring with the constant el Nino flow from the pacific.
Dear viewers who sent death threats, I'm sorry...you have THE DUMB.
There is no cure or treatment.
Please have some free condoms, no they are not chewing gum.
Please, please take the stairs as you leave, carefully.:doh::doh::doh:

Yea, at some point we're going to have to take this death threat nonsense seriously. Don't like some politician... send them a death threat, don't like somebody's post... dox them and send them a death threat, cut some guy off and he clearly says something to his steering wheel... raise your gun and send him a death threat. Geez threaten a meteorologist for explaining severe weather, gutless.

makes me wonder if animals have more sense.
Or that other saying... The more I get to know people, the more I love my dog! Of course animals have more sense!

Seriously though, I see this as a consequence of the continued breakdown of community groups.
I know most of my neighbors, if not by name then by sight, and they know me.
That used to be normal but now it's considered unusual at least and downright weird in many places.
Online anonymity encourages people to be idiots, where they wouldn't have the courage/idiocy to say that in front of others IRL. (not twice anyway)
Like the brainiacs who trolled/shamed the pregnant weather woman for her belly being in the way of them seeing the map.
Any tiny perceived inconvenience to their life and enjoyment is grounds for the most vitriolic and hateful diatribes they can come up with.
Because they perceive no consequence (to them) for their actions, they feel immune and free to say whatever.
I don't have the skills or the time but if I could hit them with some ransomware....
Maybe if I could borrow Thanos' glove for a few minutes...

Or that other saying... The more I get to know people, the more I love my dog! Of course animals have more sense!

Seriously though, I see this as a consequence of the continued breakdown of community groups.
I know most of my neighbors, if not by name then by sight, and they know me.
That used to be normal but now it's considered unusual at least and downright weird in many places.
Online anonymity encourages people to be idiots, where they wouldn't have the courage/idiocy to say that in front of others IRL. (not twice anyway)
Like the brainiacs who trolled/shamed the pregnant weather woman for her belly being in the way of them seeing the map.
Any tiny perceived inconvenience to their life and enjoyment is grounds for the most vitriolic and hateful diatribes they can come up with.
Because they perceive no consequence (to them) for their actions, they feel immune and free to say whatever.
I don't have the skills or the time but if I could hit them with some ransomware....
Maybe if I could borrow Thanos' glove for a few minutes...
Agree, we all need to find a happy medium . TWT is that happy medium , personal contact with real world experiences and the best of high tech communications. There's hope for us yet.

What a frightening site, glad it was a car and not a bike!

New signs for the different trails at the TRH lease at Brune's Mill in Columbus. BTW, the Peters are leading members of the club, get out of the gutter!! lol

Neighbor crashed my bike(2nd gear powerband wheelie) bike is like brand new. It will have new fender and pipe on it, what's it worth? Street Legal(Horn) and titled in Missouri. I know I'm going to take a bath on it. Wife is afraid I'll get killed on it. KTM Bark Busters, TM Designs Skid Plate, KTM Chain Guide. 8 hours, Fresh Trans Fluid change with Motorex, Only ran 93 no ethanol 50:1 Motorex. 2018 300XC-W,

Above is a Facebook ad, I think I would find a better excuse!!!! lol

View attachment 232299

Neighbor crashed my bike(2nd gear powerband wheelie) bike is like brand new. It will have new fender and pipe on it, what's it worth? Street Legal(Horn) and titled in Missouri. I know I'm going to take a bath on it. Wife is afraid I'll get killed on it. KTM Bark Busters, TM Designs Skid Plate, KTM Chain Guide. 8 hours, Fresh Trans Fluid change with Motorex, Only ran 93 no ethanol 50:1 Motorex. 2018 300XC-W,
I'll give him $500

Back