• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Interesting

Anybody actually seen one for sale at a dealer or ridden in the wild yet?

Sure looks like he could use a stiffer rear shock spring!!

There's hope, Irishcoffee!

Got this Africa twin wound up on some track in Germany
...With Dunlap trailmax tires :eek:

idents-walk-along-news-photo-1147890257-1560181783.jpg

• With nearly 80 billion pounds of trash (and counting) spread across four official dumping sites, India is facing a waste crisis that is killing its citizens and worsening air and water quality.
  • A dump site in New Delhi has been nicknamed 'Mt. Everest' due to its massive and increasing size.
  • The pile is so dangerously large that India's Supreme Court has said warning lights need to be added for aircraft visibility.

Forty Million tons = 80 billion pounds. Pounds sounds scarier. Wonder how many tons a large mining pit pulls out a year in the USA?
I worked at Applied Materials on Giles road and hwy. 290. in Austin. Every time it rains it smells like dirty diapers. They built subdivisions all around Diaper Mountain. They had many 55 gallon drums between the dump and the neighborhoods misting deodorant. Smelled like a dirty diaper on Christmas morning. They capture Methane gas to generate electricity from it. I have heard it will supply gas for many of years. I am saddened for the heath of the citizens in India.

Just wondering; seeing the bus, is that a stop on a tour? :scratch:

Last edited:
Click on that blue text. Just awful. Described a rain soaked garbage avalanche that crushed people and ran down a stream/river. Just awful.

Desperately need bio degradable packaging breakthroughs.

Motocross history is filled with examples of creative ideas that were heralded as groundbreaking, but, because of the rapid rate of change in development, sank into the swamp of forgotten technology. Although some are best left abandoned, others were truly innovative (if not ultimately successful). MXA reveals motocross’ tech trivia. Do you remember this idea? The Hooker paddle tire.
Jimmy Weinert made motocross history at the 1979 Oakland Supercross when he led every lap of both his heat race and the main event. Where’s the history-making part? Weinert’s secret weapon was a 16-scoop paddle tire called “The Hooker.” The Oakland track was very sandy and while everyone else struggled to find traction, Weinert’s 16 paddles not only dug into the loose stuff, but threw a tremendous roost out the back. It was Weinert’s first Supercross victory in three years. A couple weeks later, the AMA banned paddle, studded or retread tires. Jimmy went on to win the Daytona Supercross two months later without the help of The Hooker.
weinert1979paddle.jpg

Stromxtc you need to come ride that xr250r I got in the shed. She needs to be run and you need real dirt. You did help build the trails at aspr’s.

Stromxtc you need to come ride that xr250r I got in the shed. She needs to be run and you need real dirt. You did help build the trails at aspr’s.
Its probable, but I'm not looking into breaking any records...or legs

Back