• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Interesting

That must be a pre 71 Husky with brake on left. It has some kind of modification to rear brake lever. I have seen this photo many times. Was anyone at Lockhart Tx. track In 1972 when Steve rode at the time he was filming The Getaway in San Marcos? I raced there many times that year and others but must have missed it or didn't care. Maybe it was just a rumor. Anyone know? That Ali Macgraw was a hot little lady back then. I didn't like Steve slapping her around on the side of the highway near San Marcos. If I had seen it happen I would have stopped and put a pop-knot on Steve's head and given her a ride home :lol2: Just remembered, Steve was packing and had just been released or lets say purchased out of TDC. Maybe I wouldn't have stopped and just gone to a 7-Eleven for a Dr Pepper and some cheese :).
" Steve McQueen: The Salvation of an American Icon" is IMO a very good book written by Greg Laurie.

These were beautiful tanks back in the 70's! I had the 250 with the red insert.

He might have wanted to stay home, his boy had a rough weekend. (he's ok, concussion, but will be all good).View attachment 250012
Was he in 13-29 b on a ktm 150??? If so, he had quiet a few get offs in the race, starting in the first turn.

End of the clip you can see them go down

Him and another guy got together, from talking to the other guy, he crashed a few times in front of him.

Last edited:
Should be him. I understand it was his brothers bike. Could have made him have some issues.

Should be him. I understand it was his brothers bike. Could have made him have some issues.
He was alittle squirrely when I was stuck behind him, so you are probably right. He must not have been used to it.

Hope he is okay!

Who else wants to see him put the bike up there! And why?

Reactions: fly
Back