• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Interesting

Real mud.
FB_IMG_1605375173927.jpg

That doesn't hardly seem possible, wow. 6.3 seconds on street tire and no bar!

That is a good shot of the road, which is basically just wide sweepers and a low speed limit (45 mph when I last rode it). I've done it a few times because of all the hoopla about it, but it really isn't anything to get overly excited about unless you are just looking for a nice road to do a slow cruise on while you enjoy the scenery. I would not go out of my way again to ride it. The Natchez Trace is much the same, including the low speed limit. The Blue Ridge Parkway is a MUCH better ride, but it too has the ridiculously low speed limit, especially if you are anywhere near Asheville, NC., where it drops down to 30mph and there is a ton of traffic with very few places to pass. All are well patrolled, so if you do try to run at a VERY reasonable speed of even 55 mph, you have a good chance of getting popped for it. I do still like to ride the BRP in areas away from Asheville just because it is so freaking pretty and the curves are tighter, so still more fun even at the 45mph posted limit. There are also so many absolutely incredible roads nearby so the BRP can serve as a nice connector road between those where you can ride a bit more spirited.

That is a good shot of the road, which is basically just wide sweepers
You say that likes it a bad thing! lol. I enjoy the scenery on that road. 55 miles of said sweepers and a few tight turns. Little or no traffic to you get to the lodge heading into Mena.

Back