• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Interstate End-To-End certified rides now available

Texas T

LD Rider
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Just when you thought the 2020 ride planning was done... Inspired by Dave McQueeney’s iconic 40-40 Insanity, the IBA theme ride team has crafted the Interstate End to End (I-E2E) series.
Love them or hate them, we all ride on Interstates. IBA Certifications are now available for riding the entire length, end to end, of any United States Interstate over 1,000 miles. That is 7 east-west and 6 north-south interstates.

Of course the insanity does not end there, if you ride out, most of us have to ride back, so there is also the optional End 2 End 2 End options aka the I-E2E2E.
Certify each I-E2E and I-E2E2E at the "Basic" or "GOLD" level. Collect them for the Interstate End to End Special Awards Program (an entirely new level of insanity of its own).
http://ironbutt.com/themerides/interstate/ie2e.html

Since I'm a premier member I received this info a few days ago and there are a couple of rides I might be able to do when I go back east next year.

Looks like a fun challenge....but Dang....living in Houston and having to ride to JAX then ride back across to Santa Monica and back to Houston for just 1 end to end is....well.....hard on one's posterior. :giveup::rofl:

Agreed. The coast to coast rides suck for you, and even to do a border to border you'd have to ride all the way to El Paso for the closest starting point.

Agreed. The coast to coast rides suck for you, and even to do a border to border you'd have to ride all the way to El Paso for the closest starting point.
I-35 starts in Laredo. Less than half the distane to EP from Hou.
Can I get a cert for riding the full length of I-45? :mrgreen:

So what do I get ? I rode the entire length of I 27 3 times in the last 6 months. What’s more impressive is I did the 3 trips in just over 5 hours total. That boys and girls is some dang fine long distance riding

Lol, sometimes I really crack myself up!

Back