• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Iron Butt: 48 States in 10 days

There is so many angles of this I am in awe of. You, the machine, going solo, just attempting it not to mention succeeding. Congratulations on this accomplishment and a fantastic story. I would never attempt such a feat in so little time. I have a dream of doing this one day only taking months to do it. Really, really great job. Can't wait to read your next adventure!

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Anybody wanna go on the next one?
The Harley is loud, i'll ride in the back :lol2:

Heck no I don't think you're nuts! (Does that make me nuts too? :rofl: ) I was right there livin' every moment with ya as I read. BRAVO!! :clap: :clap:

That is, except for when I blacked out while reading this and came to in the garage packing my bike. :mrgreen: :rider: What an inspiring report.

I got stuck in the same spot on I-35 day after Christmas while on the clock, which cost me a BBG. You also made me remember riding through DC, De and PA and incurring $40 in tolls in one day!

Major congrats and thanks for taking us along! :rider:

Wow, thats some rough milage on some expensive tires. Were you riding it on sandpaper? :lol2:
You know, the last time I rode across Wyoming on I80, I could have sworn that road was sandpaper. It seemed like I was watching my tire come apart that day.

So, how much did you spend in toll roads on the whole journey? I have no idea what that could amount to.

You know, the last time I rode across Wyoming on I80, I could have sworn that road was sandpaper. It seemed like I was watching my tire come apart that day.

I had to buy a tire the last time I was in Wyoming too. I had 4200 miles on it and had to buy a new one in Cody. Thought it was just me....

Congratulations on the trip! I hope to do it some day.

Great report. Thanks for shareing.
Good luck with the next one. For you, Chile isn't too far away. probably take you 3 weeks.:doh:

Holy cow, congratulations!

Great read, great pictures, awesome trip!!

You officially have the IRON BUTT.

Random_fish_with_iron_butt.jpg

Great RR, and ambitious ride. I noticed that New Mexico was your 47th state, and it was the 47th state admitted to the Union, so nice symmetry there.

Back