• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Iron Butt Rally starts next week

Thanks for the positive comments guys!

This was a fun ride, and while I don't have my ride report ready yet, I am working on one and will get it posted in the next few days. Unfortunately, I rode the miles, but lost the points for my last rest bonus at the scoring table and didn't have enough points after that loss to officially be classified as a finisher. Pretty heart breaking, but it adds to the motivation to do better the next time.

I'm looking forward to reading about your ride. Congrats on bringing it home safe. :clap:

Charlie, I rode in the Texas Two Step Rally a few years ago and got DQ'd over a rest bonus technicality. That rally was a gnat on an elephant's rear end compared to the IBR, but I have had a tiny taste of the type of disappointment you had, and it stinks.

Bottom line is that you rode the ride, crossed the finish line in time, and you know you did it, and nothing can ever take that away from you. Congrats on doing something that none of us could ever do. I look forward to your ride report.

Charlie, I rode in the Texas Two Step Rally a few years ago and got DQ'd over a rest bonus technicality. That rally was a gnat on an elephant's rear end compared to the IBR, but I have had a tiny taste of the type of disappointment you had, and it stinks.

Bottom line is that you rode the ride, crossed the finish line in time, and you know you did it, and nothing can ever take that away from you. Congrats on doing something that none of us could ever do. I look forward to your ride report.

You and I both were in the Texas two Step. Winston Oxley from the TTS was also in the IBR, and Alan Dye met us out at the Orange County checkpoint. Bo was riding in the rally with me. In a lot of ways, this was a big extended Texas Two Step ... which coincidently is the rally that got me hooked into all this IBR stuff.

Back