• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Iron Butt

Reaction score
Leavin at 3 A.M. in the morning for Van Horn and back.
Sunday I'm gonna get up and ride to Clarendon and back.
1500 miles in 36 hours is my plan. Wish me luck.:rider:

Good luck and have a good ride. Don't forget to look at your receipts for proper time stamps.

Ride safe!

We MIGHT cross paths. I'm leading five guys on their first Ironbutt run Saturday as well. Austin/San Antonio/Sierria Blanca/Midland/Big Spring/Ausitn

Van Horn maybe 11am ish??????

~m
IBA #7916

I know well the agony of deseat. I hope yours is much more comfortable than mine. I did a SS last year. I'll be doing a IB1500 soon, maybe next week. I expect the IB will be easier on the new bike than the SS on a TW200.

If your route is all interstate and you make stops quick, you can actually average 70mph. You are only looking at about 21.5 hours of actual ridng, counting gas stops. That leaves 14.5 hours for a rest period. I intend to plan on a good night's rest between two days of riding. It is much safer that way.

Leavin at 3 A.M. in the morning for Van Horn and back.
Sunday I'm gonna get up and ride to Clarendon and back.
1500 miles in 36 hours is my plan. Wish me luck.:rider:
Sounds like a nice ride. Be very careful on the Clarendon leg...lots of deer in the area. Do NOT speed through Estelline!!! There is a Shell station in Clarendon that had accurate time stamps when I was there a few weeks ago, but the Allsups pumps were off with the time.
Have a good time.:rider:

Last edited:
That is about the time we'll be there.
Will you be on the Beemer in your Avatar?

Yes. The Mandarin Pig will have in tow two Goldwings, a Wee-Strom, and two HD alphabet soup names. We'll buzz in I10 to Sierria Blanco, backtrack and take 20 up to BigSpring. What are you on?

Do NOT speed through Estelline!!!

My good friend is the sheriff of Motley County (......but he's in shreveport this weekend :trust: )

My good friend is the sheriff of Motley County (......but he's in shreveport this weekend :trust: )
Local guy is the one who you need to watch out for....Tickets are the largest revenue source for the town.

Yes sir, thanks.
I left Justin at 2:30 A.M.
Arrived in Van Horn at 11: A.M.
Fought a 35 MPH crosswind all the way home.
Got back to Justin at 8:30 P.M. 1027 miles/18 Hrs.
It was not fun. I would suggest anyone thinking about an Iron Butt to do point A to point B. That round trip stuff is a little tiresome and boring.
I am wore out.
I surrender.
Calf-rope.
Uncle.

Local guy is the one who you need to watch out for....Tickets are the largest revenue source for the town.
My wife Martha is from Matador. Her Uncle was County Judge and Church of Christ preacher there for years.Martha still owns a ranch there. I think there is less than a thousand people in the whole county.

Congratulations on the finish! Did you opt to not do the extra 500 miles for a BunBurner?

Heck, NO!
Just wishful thinkin on my part.:giveup:

I finished my second saddlesore yesterday and I was thinking about you and your comment of going for the 1500. I was ready to get off that pony at 1075 wondering how you go 1500. lol....

Matador county has about 1400 in it now according to Michael Crutchley, the sheriff. I think it's 400 each or so between Matador and Roaring Springs with the rest spread throughout.

I finished my second saddlesore yesterday and I was thinking about you and your comment of going for the 1500. I was ready to get off that pony at 1075 wondering how you go 1500. lol....

Matador county has about 1400 in it now according to Michael Crutchley, the sheriff. I think it's 400 each or so between Matador and Roaring Springs with the rest spread throughout.
I believe Matador is the County Seat of Motley, County.
Not trying to be picky.
My bad.
http://www.co.motley.tx.us/ips/cms

I expect the IB will be easier on the new bike than the SS on a TW200.

By the end of my MSF class last weekend, I really liked that little TW200, but I can't imagine riding one for 1000 miles, especially in 24 hours. You have my respect.

Back