• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Is Honda Taking a Year Off? (Or Is the American Market Not Worth It?)

Reaction score
Where are the new 2022 models? Europe already has the updated CB500s, the NT1100 (January), the ADV 350 (December), the updated Super Cub (2 seater) and that's not even counting other models we will never see. Yeah we got the NAVI coming soon but other than that, nothing. It's impossible to find a Trail 125 when other countries are seeing brand new colors (green). What's up with that?

Yes there's the supply chain but if Europeans, Australians, and a bunch of countries in Asia are getting new bikes, why aren't we? Are we just a drop in the bucket? I read somewhere that Honda was selling over 20 million 2 wheelers pre COVID. I know Italy, Spain, and France are 3 large markets but do their combined sales equal or surpass ours?

What's your take on this?

Last edited:
So what does that mean? Does Honda sell more dirt bikes than road bikes in the US?
No clue what it means, you asked where the 2022's were. I got mine. My buddy got a 2022 250RX. Not sure what your question is.

No clue what it means, you asked where the 2022's were. I got mine. My buddy got a 2022 250RX. Not sure what your question is.
Is your 2022 a new model? An updated model? Or just same ol' same ol'? There are 2022 Honda bikes but no new models.

Wasn't your original question, mine was updated last year, the 250 is a total upgraded model.

Sorry, I'm not perfect, carry on. But they have 22's out.

I'm a very sorry person!
Screenshot_20211127-185146_Chrome.jpg

I've been looking at the 2021 vs 2022 Honda Monkey. My local dealer has one of each. This is the last 2022 they have been allocated until 1st quarter 2022.

For 2022 the Monkey got a 5-speed transmission and a different engine (same cc/smaller bore/longer stroke)

The US is just a drop in the bucket. Wife is Euro, so I’ve been overseas many times visiting family. The ratio of two wheels vs four wheels far out weighs what we have in the states. This is especially true in urban environments. This is likely due to the sky high fuel prices over there. My guess is 40% bikes to 60% very small cars. Here, it’s likely less than 1% bikes. Breaking it down further, a 750cc is a large bike over there. Lots of scooters & mopeds. The 650 Vstrom is very popular. I’m thinking there must be some sort of luxury tax on the large cc bikes.

"Motorcycles account for just 3% of all registered vehicles on the road with about 9 million registered motorcycles in the United States, yet they account for a disproportionate number of traffic fatalities and injuries"

You're pretty close on our %. In congested areas you don't need 750cc. Plus from what I've heard they're very serious about speeders.

"Motorcycles account for just 3% of all registered vehicles on the road with about 9 million registered motorcycles in the United States, yet they account for a disproportionate number of traffic fatalities and injuries"

You're pretty close on our %. In congested areas you don't need 750cc. Plus from what I've heard they're very serious about speeders.
Ya they lane split over there while moving. Many (most?) don’t wear helmets, and I felt more comfortable riding my rented Transalp around Athens with no helmet than I do riding in full gear in Houston. Motorists are more aware of bikes and they actually move over to let you filter to the front of the line at stop lights. They know that two travel lanes with motorcycles splitting the center is much better for them than cars and bikes sharing the same two lanes.

Back