• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Is there a Good Performance Shop in DFW for my Africa Twin?

J

Jarrett

I'd like to get some stuff done to my Africa Twin. Initially, I want to do some electronic stuff like getting a USB plug installed and adding some auxiliary lighting to be seen better during the day and to light up the back roads at night.

I'd also like to start looking to get the stock suspension setup for my weight. I know there are lots of options for this, so trying to go the route that makes the most sense for suspension.

Last, I'm kicking around the idea of doing some engine performance mods like a Power Commander, aftermarket air filter and exhaust to wake the bike up a little if possible. Not sure that can be done or not on this type of bike, but curious to find out.

Would be great if I could take it to one place and get all of that done. Anyone know of a place they trust for stuff like that? I don't mind hauling outside of DFW a bit if there is a much better shop just down the road. Especially south of the Metroplex.

Ride On ADV is in Arlington and he does a lot of mod work to ADV type bikes.

Looks like their number is disconnected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ten years ago, I used a shop on the north side of Ft. Worth called Piper's or something like that.

Ten years ago, I used a shop on the north side of Ft. Worth called Piper's or something like that.

Cliff Piper, Piper Performance. Up towards Decatur. He has a very good reputation for anything motorcycle, especially performance and suspension mods. He's often very backed up with Harley dyno work from what I've read. He did suspension and a few other things on my 2010 Tiger years ago.

There you go ...

I've also heard that Munn near Waco is a good performance shop.

And I just remembered ... Uncle Buck took his AT to a shop in OK, IIRC, for some tuning work.

Last edited:
Buddy of mine is a super tuner. His name is Duncan Paul. PM me for his phone number. I don't know if he's still doing bike work, but probably. The guy is now fully retired from Cedar Valley College where he was director of the motorcycle and marine mechanics program. He can do the suspension mods for sure and probably all the engine stuff you'd want. He still rides a KLR which he's done a lot of work on. His brake on that bike is impressive, two fingered brakies. :D

Duncan's home and shop are in Combine, Texas.

There you go ...

I've also heard that Munn near Waco is a good performance shop.
Hoping Munn is good. Waiting on a call back from them. I've talked to a few this morning and they don't mess with "big bikes" they said mostly.

Back