• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ISO Goldwing - total noob

I do get bored with a bike easily.
I've had 11 bikes float through my hands in the last two years.

Doubt the Goldwing is a forever bike.
It has a specific purpose for a specific goal.

Once reached, I'll be onto the next one,

This one kind of blows my skirt up ....

View attachment 234807
That's the only Indian I'd want.....but I really do like those and would love to own one. I'd probably already be a buyer at $8-10K but not so much at the $12-14K they list them at.

Excellent question
Want a Super Duke GT? :)

I want a 690 or 1090R....thinking of selling the SDGT to fund it and then someone posted a really nicely equipped 690R today so it got a bit more real.

Honestly....that little SV that just got posted would be pretty great too.

There's some nice bikes for sale right now... :)

I do get bored with a bike easily.
I've had 11 bikes float through my hands in the last two years.

Doubt the Goldwing is a forever bike.
It has a specific purpose for a specific goal.

Once reached, I'll be onto the next one,
Well wait a few years, maybe by then I will be in the market for one.:thumb:

There is at least 1 by each door.
I figure if fire breaks out, I'm heading for a door first.

was installing a roll cage in a camaro years ago.
while grinding, BBs hit the metal wall and ran down to the base angle and then outside.
caught the grass and fence on fire.

All I had at the time was a garden hose and a shovel.

Funny thing ... I haven't needed the fire extinguishers since.

I've done that and taught the technique of putting extinguishers near the doors for years. You are the only other person I've come across that has expressed that idea. Funny thing about extinguishers, they seem to repel fires just by their presence.

As kind of an update ...

The last couple days have been glorious riding weather.

So I left yesterday morning for East Texas. I've been searching Zillow, Realtor and MLS databases for a place to land.

Did drive-bys and neighborhood recon on 11 properties in and around Fairfield, Frankston, Malakoff, Athens and Brownsboro. I spent my informative years there and started my family there.

Just under 900 miles over the 2 days.

Was a bit disappointed in fuel range ... about 200 miles per tank. Took about 5 gallons to fill it and the low fuel light was on.

Overall impression is ... awesome!

Seat time is limited to bladder limitations.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

As kind of an update ...

The last couple days have been glorious riding weather.

So I left yesterday morning for East Texas. I've been searching Zillow, Realtor and MLS databases for a place to land.

Did drive-bys and neighborhood recon on 11 properties in and around Fairfield, Frankston, Malakoff, Athens and Brownsboro. I spent my informative years there and started my family there.

Just under 900 miles over the 2 days.

Was a bit disappointed in fuel range ... about 200 miles per tank. Took about 5 gallons to fill it and the low fuel light was on.

Overall impression is ... awesome!

Seat time is limited to bladder limitations.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Tank should be 6.7 gallons. Low fuel light comes on with about one gallon left.

You should get about 40 mpg if you keep it under 70. Between 75 and 85, it will drop to mid 30s.

Rolling back roads, you should be able to do 240 miles pretty easily.

But...like you said...your bladder fills before the tank empties most of the time.

Back