• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

It all started with pie...

Date: 07/02/2009
Destination: Niagra Falls, NY
Miles: 389
States: Ohio, Michigan, Ontario Canada, New York

This morning was much like the others. Wake up to 55*F or so and the threat of rain. The bike seemed a bit hard to start for some odd reason. Yet once warmed up, there were no issues. I put the rain gear on for good measures, but this morning there was no real need. The clouds were low but held off as I made my way North from Toledo to Detroit where I would cross into Canada. Along the way, not much had changed. It all looks the same! I did run into yet another detour South of Detroit. Something about another bridge construction project and ‘take this detour’ so I added a few more miles as a result. I’m still not sure I had to do that.

I made my way to the bridge into Canada and meandered through the maze of customs traffic lines. Not that there were many other vehicles waiting to cross. Rather, the intricate maze they have you run through. I fueled up to insure I’d have a full load going into Canada. Here’s the Ambassador Bridge prior to launch.
Day06001.jpg

And the obligatory sign when available
Day06004.jpg

Once in Canada on the 401 headed East I realized these were really nice roads. Those neighbors to the North sure know how to build and maintain their highway system. Three lanes for most of it, then down to two. Along the way, there were several 18-wheelers headed South with loads of the 2010 Camaro and Police Interceptor Crown Vics. They must all be coming from Ford of Canada headed to the US market. There was also the standard barns and fields as has been for the entire trip
Day06008.jpg

At London, I decided I’d fuel up and had to make a stop at a highly recommended eating establishment. Well, actually I had to see what all the fuss was about. I will say they have really good coffee and toasted/buttered bagels. Moose was right.
Day06009.jpg

While there, three gentleman asked where I was from. After a brief conversation, one asked where I was headed and I told him Niagra Falls. He said if I wanted the scenic route, I should go down this road, at the T, turn left, look for the hotel and go left again. OK…. I’m thinking I’ll get lost, but hey, it’s a short day so what the heck.. Turns out he put me on Canada 3 which was indeed a great ride. Very nice two lane road with little towns about every 12-15 miles. Speed limits maxed out at 80kmh so the ride was enjoyable.

Along the way I saw something I haven’t seen in quite some time. An actual phone booth.
Day06014.jpg

And yet another great looking barn/silo combination.
Day06013.jpg

Coming into a little town called Tilsonberg, my heart sank at the sight of this.
Day06016.jpg

Just before this sad sight, I had stopped behind a truck at a traffic light and noticed I didn’t have a bright light reflection in the tailgate. Hmmmm…. What’s up with that? Turns out the main headlight burned out sometime today. It was fine last night, so I took this opportunity to swap it out as I brought a spare just for this occasion.

A few more along the way to Niagra Falls
Day06018.jpg

Day06020.jpg

Day06021.jpg

This little town had an interesting old church. The sunshine finally poked it’s head out then quickly disappeared. The church was built in 1853 and located in Canfield. Just after this picture was taken, the sprinkles turned into rain and it stayed that way for about an hour or just until I reached the bridge to enter the US at Niagra Falls. The short glimpse I saw of the falls was something I knew I was coming back for after I setup camp.
Day06024.jpg

Next up was another obligatory state sign after clearing US Customs.
Day06025.jpg

Once through downtown, I made my way to the KOA site and setup camp. Forecast for this evening is showers. Argh. After camp was done, I unloaded everything into the tent and headed back to the falls, maybe 10 miles away. I wandered into the state park and the gal who charges $10 per car asked if I wanted to park for free. Sure! Where? There was a little corner spot that no car could fit in so that’s where the pig stayed.

I walked through the walk gate and on to the bridge I rode in on earlier. The clouds were really building so I figured I had about 30 minutes. Here’s a shot from the bridge
Day06033.jpg

And the “Maid of the Mist”
Day06043.jpg

When you enter Canada, they ask for your passport and DL. I gave them my birth certificate, passport, DL all in one shot and didn’t have a problem the four times I was requested of the information.

I beat the rain home and here I sit in my tent with light raindrops pelting. Sigh….. I’m off to call it a night.

Tomorrow brings a re-entry into Canada and points further North and East. Montreal here I come.

Last edited:
Great report. Nothing better than the sound of light rain on a tent on a cool night.

Canfield

Nice little sleepy village about 8 miles from where we lived prior to moving to the States

ps - try the Chilli in a bread bowl.....

Date: 07/03/2009
Destination: Montreal, Quebec Canada
Miles: 479
States: New York, Ontario Canada, Quebec Canada

Today’s pondering questions were what defines ‘fun’ and how much fun is one supposed to have. I’ll be the first to admit, after seven days on the road and roughly 3200 miles, they are starting to run together now. The daily routine is much the same in that I ride the highlighted map I prepared the night before, stop and take pictures of interesting places, calculate and recalculate fuel consumption and associated stops, eat, ride some more, get to the destination, unpack the bike, setup the tent or move in to the hotel and plan the next days events while writing the trip report. Just to get the report done involves downloading the pictures of the day from the camera to the laptop, selecting the ones to resize and then push to a photohost. Once there, you grab the URL and copy/paste that in the trip report. When it’s all done, copy/paste the report in a forum.

So what defines fun? To me, fun is an event you experience while doing something that brings pleasure. Even some things that don’t bring pleasure are fun as they involve problem solving. For example, while on the road there are invariably things that come up. A few examples include:

My tank bag. I purchased this used from another R1150GS owner when I acquired mine. The bag was in great shape and the price was right. Now, some two and a half year later, the elastic stretch material that secures the bag to the hooks has failed during the trip. That makes the tank bag want to lean WAY off to the left side.
Day07001.jpg

The solution was how to stop the bag from moving around. Enter the strap solution and problem solved.
Day07003.jpg

Next problem to solve was my gloves. They might be a year old or so and the finger suffered a blow-out.
Day07004.jpg

Solution? Heck. It’s warm out now so just let the finger go commando, rain and all!

I have two spider nets I secure all my stuff on the bike with. Both came from Cycle-Gear. One is probably seven years old, the other not one week. Guess which one failed? The week old one. I HIGHLY recommend you DO NOT purchase the plastic hook version from there. The plastic is brittle and does NOT stand up to the rigors of long distance touring. How to solve it? Carabeeners and hook what metal ones are available directly into the webbing of the other one. And an extra 1” wide web strap to hold it all to the bike.

Remember the boot sole issue on day three? Crazy glue the sole back to the boot and don’t look back. Still holding well as if nothing were wrong in the first place. Problem solved.

The burned out headlight bulb? Remove the old one and install the spare I brought along for this very occasion.

Tires? I’m still working on that one. I left with 11k on these Tourances. I’ve been able to get 16-20k on every set thus far. This trip might be different. With 11k and a roughly 6k trip that’d be 17k or well within what I’ve come to expect. Let’s just say they seem to be going away at twice what I thought. When I get to Southern New Jersey I’ll see where they stand and maybe start to look for a dealer.

Now back to this fun thing. Today started out in the rain suit leaving Niagra Falls. I made the border crossing yet again and there was no rain. After heading Northwest and stopping at the local Timmy’s for coffee and a bagel, the gear came off. While at Timmy’s, the locals again were very friendly asking me where I was headed and where I was from. I seriously doubt that any conversation like has ever happened to me while in a Starbucks in some distant part of the country. The folks just seem more friendly North of the border. Now that was fun.

As I was leaving the town, this caught my eye. Just what is Daily Entertainment with Rooms for Rent anyway?
Day07002.jpg

So I cleared Toronto with only a few mis-turns. I figured that would be OK since my GPS is about eight years old or more and the base maps are out of date. New roads have popped up. Go figure……

I continued on the 401 or Hero’s Highway Northeast on the North side of Lake Ontario and the showers decided to rear their ugly head again. That meant stopping to find a place to gear back up. Ride for a few miles and clear the storm and all looks great so look for a place to gear down. Do that, repeat as more storms come from out of nowhere. Now this exercise is NOT fun.

I ducked off in the little town of Gananoque to yet again put on the rain suit. I met a very nice guy who was born in that town in 1930 who was visiting to see what it was like after many years away. Turns out, he rides a Strom 1000. The quaint little town was having a bbq festival right next to this small lake. I just had to park there.
Day07006.jpg

And the fountain on the little lake.
Day07009.jpg

As I approached Montreal, the sky became ugly again, so I stop and gear up. Then the five o-clock traffic on a Friday is added on top of the rain. And further this by having to guess at French. You see, Montreal is all French speaking so all the signs are French. Then their exit numbering system took a bit to figure out, but once I did, it was easy. Through observation, I figured out Est was East and Nord was North. West was, well West I think so that only left one. Knowing three of four you can solve the problem. Fun? Yup. No so for the traffic.

Welcome to Quebec. That’s two Canadian provinces now and the furthest North I’ll be on this trip
Day07014.jpg

Tomorrow brings a return to the United States on Independence Day. The run will take me through a bunch of ‘little’ states and hopefully I’ll get some good fireworks displays on the leg.

Am I having fun? You bet.

Last edited:
16-20K on a set of Tourances!!?? Geez, I was lucky to get 6-7K out of a front and maybe 5K out of the rears... Maybe it was all the zipping and zooming that the GS inspires :oops:

Happy 4th of July!

Do you keep that pocket Declaration of of Independence and the Constitution of the United State of American in your pocket on the bike?

Your company will be missed at the days festivities.

Safe travels.

Date: 07/04/2009
Destination: Mystic, CT
Miles: 500
States: Quebec/Canada, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut

What a difference a day with sunshine makes! The rain continued all night long in Montreal and I just knew the tent would be soaked. I tried my best to wipe down everything but that didn’t help much. So I packed everything up and was gone by 6am with the storm clouds that came last night headed to the North. Today, I was headed South.

Day08001.jpg

Day08004.jpg

Leaving Montreal on Hwy 16, the border came quickly at about 24 miles. I crossed over a Champlain New York and fueled up only to note the skies were getting cloudy to the East and South. I was bummed. But Canada had one last good looking barn to toss into the mix.

Day08006.jpg

The border crossing back into the US was easy. I thought it was sort of cool that I was coming back into the States on July 4th too.

Day08007.jpg

Vermont was only a skip away, as much of the East coast states are. Here’s the bridge into Vermont, and it’s obligatory sign.

Day08009.jpg

Day08010.jpg

Running over to St. Albans, then ducking down a scenic country road to head East, I would up in St. Joisbury. Here’s some shots along the way. Vermont doesn’t have high speed limits and everyone seems to enjoy driving at a leisurely pace. These roads were just begging for speed. Much the same was for New Hampshire where the max speed limit in the state is 50mph.

Day08011.jpg

Day08013.jpg

Day08015.jpg

Day08016.jpg

Day08021.jpg

Moose crossing. I still didn’t see Al anywhere
Day08026.jpg

Crossing into New Hampshire, the sun was out but where there were clouds, they were thick. I finally threw caution to the wind and ditched the rain gear to temp the Gods. It worked. The rest of the day was great.

Day08027.jpg

Day08031.jpg

Day08035.jpg

Day08037.jpg

Here’s the typical architecture of the buildings in the area
Day08040.jpg

Day08042.jpg

Time to move into Maine and the destination was the Atlantic ocean.
Day08044.jpg

York Harbor, Maine looking at a storm over the Atlantic ocean
Day08045.jpg

Here’s a shot to show the other side of the US from Soozy’s Pacific Boot Picture. This is the Atlantic side with TWT boots.
Day08048.jpg

Leaving Maine, I jumped on I95 and ran it all the way down for the day.

Day08051.jpg

Day08053.jpg

One item that came to mind today was the distances aren’t great between places, but the traffic and lower speed limits offset the time it takes to get there. Today was right at 500 miles, but the travel time was also right at 12 hours in the saddle.

And Rain. One thing cagers don’t get to experience is the smell of rain. When you get that first wiff of it, you had better start thinking about the rain gear because it’s close. Today was no exception. I think I was in and out of it twice and each time, not only could you see it coming, but you could smell it too.

There is also the aroma of the dairy farms that cagers don’t’ experience. Nothing like running along and then wham – dairy farm to the windward side.

I wound up making Mystic CT this evening about 5:45pm. Unpacking the wet tent and gear was quick and I layed everything out to dry. After a quick shower and laundry, the gear was 95% dry. I think if the weather holds tonight like it should, everything will be good to go in the morning.

Tomorrow brings a run into the “city”, and an afternoon/evening with a bbq buddy of mine in Highland Hills, home of West Point.

Last edited:
very neat report. Had my tankbag fail the same way on my '95 R11GS after 3 years and 50,000 somewhat miles on it. Ended up sewing straps on it later.
I never did all the states in the NE sector. But loved the back roads of VT, NH and Maine.
I once had to change out the headlight lens on my '02 R1150Gs and what a major job that turned out to be. Do get some kinda rock guard.
Thanks for sharing your ride with us, I know the work and time it takes. ;-).

Great report, I must say I'm envious. Riding in the north in summer is saweet. I grew up in MN, still visit, we had those Red-winged Blackbirds all over. I can't believe that NH has a max speed of 50 :shock: the state isn't THAT small.

Anywho...carry on :rider:

Date: 07/05/2009
Destination: Highland Falls, NY
Miles: 156
States: Connecticut, New York

What a day! I must say that today has to have been one of the best so far. Morning temps in the high 60’s, blue sky and no humidity. I packed up the campsite and was off by 8am for an easy day to Highland Falls, NY, home of West Point. My plan was to spend the evening with a good friend of mine from a bbq forum I frequent.

Breaking camp and leaving the KOA in Mystic, CT
Day09001.jpg

I left Mystic CT on I95 headed South towards New Haven. Along the way I stopped in Derby to visit the Yale rowing club facilities. Not that I have any interest in rowing, but it sort of sounded like a cool place. When I was ready to leave, this little fellow stopped on the bike just on top of the TWT sticker.
Day09008.jpg

When I hit New Haven, I ducked off on what would best be described as a CT FM road. The road was CT 34. Nice and twisty, lots of elevation changes and a canopy tree cover for most of it. The buildings all pretty much look the same as well. These were taken in Edmond, CT.
Day09009.jpg

Day09010.jpg

I thought this front door was nice. The house was probably built in the late 1800’s
Day09015.jpg

The miles didn’t take long to crank off and I found myself in New York again with some beautiful scenery. I’m on Hwy 6/202 now.
Day09020.jpg

Coming into the Hudson River valley on the top of Bear Mountain, this is an old army depot dating back to WWI. The facility was used for storage of ammunition during WWI, WWII and Korea.
Day09024.jpg

Day09026.jpg

They had a guy taking shots with BearMtnPhoto or something like that that snapped me I think. I'll have to go figure out if that was the website name and look around. The mountaini was like being at the Three Sisters but not near as long. Awesome riding.

Heading up NY 218 into the village of Highland Falls, also known as the home of West Point, I was able to go to the base visitors center and view the items in the museum. There was a lot of history stuffed into that building.
Day09036.jpg

Day09037.jpg

The village of Highland Falls also had some very nice, old structures including this church built in 1840.
Day09038.jpg

Here’s a shot of Constitution Island with it’s castle
Day09055.jpg

And a shot of the roads in the area.
Day09047.jpg

I met up with my good friend David Brace from the bbq forum and met his wife. We made it back to their place where I unpacked for the day/evening. While there I was treated to an excellent spread of various cheeses and meats, and an authentic Italian dinner. Afterwards, we went out to do some sightseeing and finished the evening at a local ice cream shop.

Perkins Drive observation deck
Day09066.jpg

The Hudson Valley at dusk with a full moon starting to show.
Day09073.jpg

Tomorrow brings Philadelphia and Cape May, NJ.

Last edited:
What a lovely area. Your photos are out of this world fantastic and I was really glad to read about the perfect weather for a ride.

You know all of us sweltering in Texas hate you right now... OK, maybe not hate, but are extremely jealous. I feel cooler just reading your ride report. Thanks for sharing.

Tomorrow brings Philadelphia and Cape May, NJ.

:eek2:

Boot camp. USCG TraCen Cape May. August 1981.

(I think it was just that I was in New Jersey that was my problem :thumbd:
Cape May was a very cute little town.)

I continued on the 401 or Hero’s Highway Northeast on the North side of Lake Ontario
Am I having fun? You bet.

The stretch of Highway 401 from Trenton to Toronto is known as the Hero's highway

The remains of every Canadian Forces service person killed overseas is flown to CFB Trenton and then taken to the coroners office in Toronto

When this happens the sides of the road and the overpasses are lined with people paying tribute to the fallen

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-sEsJB80R2TM/canadas_highway_of_heroes/

Date: 07/06/2009
Destination: Cape May, NJ
Miles: ESTIMATE 286
States: New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey

Yet another fantastic day! Bright blue sky, warm temperatures and good memories.

I woke up about 6 this morning and started to plan the route I would take today. I had planned on making the run down to Philadelphia to see yet another house I grew up in, then motor on down to Cape May, NJ to spend a few days. After looking at maps and asking my friend DB what the best route was, we came up with a plan to get me South. I said my goodbyes to DB and Kathy and was off. Not long after starting, I had to ditch the liner and button-down shirt as the temps were now in the high 70’s. The weather was that nice!

I started out taking the Palisades Interstate Highway South of Highland Falls. Again, another great road with a tree canopy, great elevation changes and just enough curves to keep it interesting.
Day10018.jpg

My first mark was to make it through New York City where I’d catch the New Jersey turnpike South. The more I thought about it, the more I was convinced that I wouldn’t make it into Pennsylvania without some rerouting. So while on the bike I kept looking at the map and GPS trying to make sense of all the little black lines and dots. Even zoomed in, the area was a mess. There are a lot of roads and towns in such a compact area when looking at the GPS.

As I approached Philly, I missed the turn for the Walt Whitman bridge. I didn’t think that would be a big deal, but it was. I had to really think about where I was going, directions and so forth just to get back on track. I saw that I should have taken a road to Camden, NJ, and a few miles later saw another sign for Camden and took that exit. Turns out, that ran me up one of the poorer parts of Camden from the South. I wasn’t really afraid, but I sure was out of my element.

I also had one of those ‘rut-row’ moments as I was making a right turn at about 30mph where the front end just slid out an inch or two in the middle of the turn. It’s one of those things you can’t see and before you know it, it’s over. Thank goodness the spot of oil or whatever was very small and the pig stayed upright.

I finally made it across the Walt Whitman bridge into Pennsylvania and again started to look at the map and GPS.
Day10023.jpg

I came up with a general plan that would put me in the ballpark of Drexel Hill, but every road I turned on went a different way or was called something else. My GPS is about 10 years old, so I’m sure the basemaps are a bit dated. I wound up at the City Zoo and asked a cabbie how to get there. He smiles and said ‘go down this road 2 miles, take a right at Market and follow it out”.

OK, I’ve got a plan so I did as he said and again, I found myself amongst burned out buildings, hookers, vandalized cars, all sorts of trash in the roads and all under the elevated train system. This went on for four miles or so and I felt as though everyone was staring at me. I was definitely out of place.

Running through one of Philly’s finer neighborhoods (Market Street).
Day10027.jpg

But Mr. Cabbie was right – I made it to the destination and found the old house. Nobody was home and I noticed it was for sale so I called the agent and left a message. I’m curious as to how much they are asking for it.

Here’s yet another place I grew up in. The house looked good for its age.
Day10001.jpg

After looking around a bit, I rode around the neighborhood, fueled up and decided it was time to head South.

I took the loop around Philly and got back on I-95 to the Walt Whitman bridge and then 47 South the 90 or so miles down to Cape May. I found the beach house just fine, pulled in and unpacked the bike. My aunt and uncle who just had their extended family there greeted me and we began the evening’s meal of Maryland crab cakes. By 9pm or so, I was ready to shower and hit the rack with the cool breezes flowing through the open screened windows. Sleep came quickly.

Overall, a great day except for the few wrong turns in somewhat less than ideal neighborhoods. However, being in these situations just adds to the knowledge and experiences of how others live, so all is good.

Tomorrow brings a relaxing day in what should be sunny Cape May.

Date: 07/07/2009
Destination: New Jersey (Cape May)
Miles: 39
States: New Jersey (Cape May)

Morning came late today as the cool temperatures and nice breeze made for great sleep and lazy napping. I had a nice breakfast with my aunt and uncle from Vero Beach, FL and then I was off to explore on my own the little town of Cape May. I have been coming here as a kid for many years, but infrequently as an adult. So this was my time to motor around and see everything on my schedule.

First up was nice walk around the area with my uncle. We had good conversation catching up on the past few years since we last saw each other.

A street sign on the bayside with the saltgrass growing up
Day11001.jpg

The house we’ve had in the family since the late 1940’s
Day11002.jpg

The area is very quaint and friendly to all the visitors and residents as evidenced by this sign.
Day11005.jpg

Some gulls trying to score their next meal in the surf
Day11012.jpg

The salt air really takes a toll on anything metal here
Day11014.jpg

Lots of wildlife running around. There seems to be an overabundance of these guys in the neighborhood
Day11017.jpg

I have to admit, I’ve been an ATGATT rider. Up until today that is. The temperatures were really nice and the air fairly dry with bright sunshine. I did a little risk assessment which included thought of how much traffic there was, what the average speeds were and where I’d be going. In the end, I rode with my helmet and riding boots with jeans and a t-shirt. I felt naked for the first 10 minutes, then really enjoyed the rest of the days events this way.

My first stop was going to the Cape May lighthouse. This lighthouse was built in 1859 and stands 157.5 feet tall.
Day11027.jpg

Looking from either the lighthouse or the elevated portions of the dunes at the ocean, you can see the WWII bunker which housed a pair of large guns used to protect the area from enemy vessels. When built, the beach extended some 900 yards out, but due to erosion the water was actually up to and surrounding the structure as of a few years ago. Over the past several years, Cape May has reclaimed a significant portion of the beach (for the time being as mother nature will win this one I’m sure)
Day11031.jpg

Leaving the lighthouse, I made my way over to “the point”. Here, you can see the remains of an experimental WWI concrete ship called the USS Atlantus. There were twelve of these ships built, yet proved impractical due to their weight.
Day11040.jpg

Just back from the point is a WWII fire control tower recently restored. Known at Fire Control #23, this was built in September 1942 and used to direct fire from the Bunker shown above. There were two on the New Jersey side and eleven on the Delaware side.
Day11043.jpg

From the point, I made my way to the beach area and the Atlantic Ocean. The beaches are fee based and you have to have a pass to access them.
Day11052.jpg

At another entrance to the beaches was this cute little red wagon
Day11054.jpg

Along the seawall are some fine examples of Victorian architecture. This one is called “The Sea Mist”, and was renovated a few years ago after an extensive fire. These are actually condos within this building that stands less than 300 yards from the ocean.
Day11055.jpg

Here’s a shot of part of the beach. Excuse the black ring around the shots, but I learned my 18mm lens with a polarizing filter shows the barrel of the filter.
Day11056.jpg

Some waves of the Atlantic Ocean crashing on a rock jetty on the beach
Day11058.jpg

After walking down the seawall for a bit, I headed into the side streets and found this Catholic Church at the end of a pedestrian walking mall.
Day11063.jpg

A representative sample of a typical Bed & Breakfast
Day11066.jpg

Day11065.jpg

Here’s a shot of some of the larger Victorian style places. What’s amazing is these were once individual homes owned by the very wealthy who vacationed here.
Day11071.jpg

Here’s a channel marker setup as a display on the seawall
Day11072.jpg

Next was a trip over to the marina and The Lobster House where there is a restaurant and the fishing fleet moors. Here’s some fishing boats and the outdoor seating.
Day11084.jpg

Day11085.jpg

Day11088.jpg

Moving from The Lobster House, I visited the ferry terminal for the Cape May/Lewes Delaware Ferry. I needed to check fees/time schedules as I think I’ll be leaving New Jersey on the ferry headed to Delaware in a day or so.
Day11099.jpg

After the ferry terminal, I scouted out one of the many fresh vegetable and produce farms. We’ve been going to this one for as long as I can remember.
Day11101.jpg

Day11103.jpg

Day11104.jpg

I found the local library who has a Wi-Fi hotspot and then headed home to get ready for dinner. We wound up heading back to the Lobster House where I feasted on crab soup and salad. Here’s a few shots from the dock area.
Day11112.jpg

Day11115.jpg

Day11119.jpg

Then to finish out the day I we walked down to the bay to watch the sunset.
Day11121.jpg

I’d say today was indeed a grand day.

I've been trying not to watch this thread, it makes my days stuck behind a desk that much more difficult :lol2:
Looks like a great trip so far, I'm jealous

sounds like a good trip so far.
Bring me a souvenir, oh and be safe :rider:

Working on that one.... :trust:

Scott,

Seem like you're having a fine time - nice report

You going where I think you're going......

Be safe my friend

Sorry, but that one just didn't work out. I tried to figure out how to make it work, but just didn't have the prep time to pull it off.

Great report. Nothing better than the sound of light rain on a tent on a cool night.

Yep. The cool temps and rain were great for sleeping, but not so great on the riding, setup and knock-down parts of camping.

Canfield

Nice little sleepy village about 8 miles from where we lived prior to moving to the States

ps - try the Chilli in a bread bowl.....

Yep, that's the place. BEAUTIFUL little village. Sorry, but I didn't get to try the Chili. I did see a Timmy's in the states but I missed the exit for it.

Happy 4th of July!

Do you keep that pocket Declaration of of Independence and the Constitution of the United State of American in your pocket on the bike?

Safe travels.

No, just a copy in the truck.

:eek2:

Boot camp. USCG TraCen Cape May. August 1981.

(I think it was just that I was in New Jersey that was my problem :thumbd:
Cape May was a very cute little town.)

Yes. I recall a conversation at a pie run about your boot camp there.

And to all the well-wishers so far via message and PM, thank you for your prayers on safe travels. Tomorrow is the Western leg turn for home with a few stops along the way.

OK, is my geography screwy? How are you watching the sunset on the east coast looking out over the ocean? :confused:

OK, is my geography screwy? How are you watching the sunset on the east coast looking out over the ocean? :confused:

Probably from a place that sticks out into the ocean and has water on the west, kinda like a "Cape", i.e. Cape May:

map

:mrgreen:

Back