• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Itchy Boots - from Kalahari to S America to Alaska to Africa

the videos have become just way too long though ... hard to watch 25 min videos, she need to cut it half I think
Depends upon where she is and what she's doing, but most of the time the content is sufficient to make the 25 minutes worthwhile. The format has worked well for her for 5+ years. With a little less than 2M subscribers she must be doing something right.

As a current Himalayan owner, I was curious about what she would say about the bike (spoiler, not much).
I don't think there's any question that she's loving it so far. She's about to hit sandy desert so let's see if she still feels the same in a couple of weeks. Kudos to R.E.'s marketing dept to have the smarts to provide the bike to her. Shame on Honda, KTM, BMW and others for letting that opportunity go by.

I've been following her for sometime and am up to date on her latest adventures. I must say, most of the places she rides makes me want to go there except west Africa. She didn't show me anything there that makes me want to go there. She's back in India now and showing some fantastic country. I do think though, that riding in the cities there would probably kill me.

I do think though, that riding in the cities there would probably kill me.
I was in Bangalore in February and rented a bike for a day. It absolutely takes a different mindset. But... it's really not that bad once you get the hang of it.

Spoiler alert: I have to go back for work in the middle of December. I've already lined up 5 days of bike rental and will be doing some serious touring in five days. Had to get an IDP so the rental company would let me ride there (they didn't ask last time, but I guess since it's multiday this time they want to make sure I'm legal).

I was in Bangalore in February and rented a bike for a day. It absolutely takes a different mindset. But... it's really not that bad once you get the hang of it.
I've noticed that although it's chaotic and everyone is honking, everybody seems to get to where they want to be without a lot of drama.

I watched her a bit in the beginning, but then something about her just started rubbing me the wrong way - can't quite put my finger on it. I actually know a few people who ran into her on trips and they said she was a total ***** - wouldn't take pictures with them or anything.

She was the opposite with my buddy in Alaska. But was also saving from a group guys trying to hit on her. Ran into her twice in Alaska and same group was also there both times.

I watched her a bit in the beginning, but then something about her just started rubbing me the wrong way - can't quite put my finger on it. I actually know a few people who ran into her on trips and they said she was a total ***** - wouldn't take pictures with them or anything.
Some of that might be because she values her privacy quite a bit and doesn't want people posting her current location. Her videos are typically weeks to a month behind her actual location.

Some of that might be because she values her privacy quite a bit and doesn't want people posting her current location. Her videos are typically weeks to a month behind her actual location.
I just watched a video where she showed how she did the production of her videos and also did a Q&A session. She said that it’s nearly impossible for her to go anywhere now without being recognized and people wanting photos and wanting to ride with her. She’s trying to film, trying to work and like all actors, what we see in video isn’t always what we get in person. She also mentioned the lag in videos for her own safety. She mentioned people are always trying to follow her.

I just watched a video where she showed how she did the production of her videos and also did a Q&A session. She said that it’s nearly impossible for her to go anywhere now without being recognized and people wanting photos and wanting to ride with her. She’s trying to film, trying to work and like all actors, what we see in video isn’t always what we get in person. She also mentioned the lag in videos for her own safety. She mentioned people are always trying to follow her.
I'm half surprised she hasn't already been assaulted given some of the places she's been through (that I know of anyway).

I've always been baffled by her desire to slip ahead unrecognized yet her bike and helmet are bright custom designs.

Big difference between a chance recognition and someone being able to stalk and predict where she'll be next and be there waiting for her. Same reason for the anonymizing and delay on the spot trackers during the Iron Butt Rally.

Tomorrow's video will have her back in Africa, transiting Nigeria; one of the most dangerous countries. According to her, in order to get from "here" to "there" you have to go through Nigeria. Should be interesting.

I don't know that I would call her foolhardy, but I certainly wouldn't do a lot of the things she does or go to a lot of the places she goes but that's probably because I'm more aware of my sense of mortality than I would be at her age.

I think she handled the situation fine at the time, and like her couldn't figure out if the guy was serious or not. I am surprised they totally dismissed them, but then again, maybe this will be the deterrent they are after. On the other hand, wouldn't it be nice to find out if the guards who helped her out by getting her warm in season 1 when she was nearly frostbitten got any recognition. They deserved it.

And... it could be just a dog & pony show to appease those who might have complained about this, and the two officers will just get reinstated and transferred to Nigerian's version of Adak.

uuuKCqJhORjhxjgq8Wm7jVRxckzLALVryI1rv_c-MIb1Er3XRA.jpg

Back