• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Itchy Boots - from Kalahari to S America to Alaska to Africa

She posted the Stage 1 section this morning. I think several of the male riders are quite surprised at how well a "girl" can ride. :thumb:
Then they need to get out a little and see some of the girls out there riding and racing. Looking forward to today's episode.

That was a good episode, the fence part freaked me out.

Looks like fun, now I want to do one. I had no idea there was this whole "Adventure" Class for the rally.

I'm totally clueless about rallies like that (I'm an Iron Butt guy, not a MX guy); do they do these here in the US as well?

She posted the Stage 1 section this morning. I think several of the male riders are quite surprised at how well a "girl" can ride. :thumb:

Yeah, she mentioned being both the only woman in the field, and I think the only 250 also. Her CRF250L is in a TOTALLY different class from the bikes around her!

Yea, a lot were surprised at how well she handled the sand sections. If you've been watching her Africa video, she's been getting a LOT of sand practice, and it looked like there wasn't anything on the route that matched the sand she's seen already so far, so that was probably easy stuff.

Yea, a lot were surprised at how well she handled the sand sections. If you've been watching her Africa video, she's been getting a LOT of sand practice, and it looked like there wasn't anything on the route that matched the sand she's seen already so far, so that was probably easy stuff.
She's also riding much faster and carrying alot less stuff. Nvr seen her peg the little Honda out at 100+km/h. She buzzing right over the sand.

She's also riding much faster and carrying alot less stuff. Nvr seen her peg the little Honda out at 100+km/h. She buzzing right over the sand.
Yup, she did all that sand with a heavy fully loaded bike. This stuff is probably a cake walk considering what she's been experiencing. Also, no lions hiding in the bushes either. That we know of.

Thinking this will be the next phase of her YouTube career. Rally riding.

As you all have said that rally is over, you can find the results online but I won't ruin it here.

Watching too, here's the latest...

As prolific a YouTuber she is, she's got to be pulling down some pretty good money.
Itchy Boots's YouTube Channel has 858,000 subscribers with 361 videos uploaded so far, the overall channel views are 131M.

As prolific a YouTuber she is, she's got to be pulling down some pretty good money.
Itchy Boots's YouTube Channel has 858,000 subscribers with 361 videos uploaded so far, the overall channel views are 131M.
Here's an estimate. Just an estimate. The taxes part will give you heartburn. Not a bad living but she's definitely worked hard as that one woman crew to build her channel and her following.

Looks like she's hooked on racing.
Indeed! Pretty cool write up of her experience so far! Sounds like she will probably look for more events similar to this one or even try to experience the full Dakar. Maybe she should try the Baja 500 or something? She's doing fantastic on the little Honda. I wonder if she might be able to secure some sponsorship from Honda? She needs to start riding with a neck brace IMO if she's gonna keep up the 100kph sand blasts. Those of you who have followed her long term know that she was in South America precovid and riding from South America southern most point to North America (Alaska). I'm still hoping she will complete this ride as I really liked this adventure.

+1 for Itchy Boots and Pedro Mota. EveRide is also another interesting channel, but I've stopped watching that one regularly.

Prior to Covid she had planned to ride from SA up to Alaska. It would be cool if she picks up where she left off and then times her travels in Mexico to coincide with the Baja 500. Yes, Honda should definitely sponsor her.

Lots of giggling.
Yes, although it was tough she sure seemed like she had a good time. She liked that 790 KTM too!

I was watching one the Kalahari Rally official videos and the director was talking about the great relationship they have with the farmers whose properties they race on; with the locked gates today it doesn't seem like they have all the bugs worked out on that end.

Don't turn it off when she says "Give me a big thumbs up..." because you'll miss the bloopers at the end.

Yeah. She seemed to definitely like the power of the 790. Who doesn't? I don't think she'd like the weight of it on drops though. I'd be curious to see what she thinks of a CRF450L...I guess I'll go look up the weight difference between that and her 250. It's great to see how much more aggressive she is with this bike compared to the Himalayans. Understanding that she was very deliberately trying to avoid drops with the larger, fully loaded bikes. What will she do next? Super curious now.

Edit: After looking at some numbers, the weight wouldn't be a problem. Might even be less. But the seat height would probably be. The 450 is super tall!

If she keeps traveling on the same bike she races, the 450's service intervals would be challenging... especially across remote parts of the world she likes to visit, with limited access to supplies.

I agree, it's exciting to see what she does next, and if that will include a change in wheels.

If she keeps traveling on the same bike she races, the 450's service intervals would be challenging... especially across remote parts of the world she likes to visit, with limited access to supplies.

I agree, it's exciting to see what she does next, and if that will include a change in wheels.
I don't have a 450, but from what I've seen on most adv pages, folks using the 450L have been extending the service intervals with no issues. You make a good point though.....maybe a ktm 490 whenever it finally arrives.

I don't have a 450, but from what I've seen on most adv pages, folks using the 450L have been extending the service intervals with no issues. You make a good point though.....maybe a ktm 490 whenever it finally arrives.

Forget the unreliable orange brand. Honda just needs to put their 500 P-twin in the CRF300 rally and give it a bigger tank. Some folks have already custom swapped that engine into CRF250L frames.

Forget the unreliable orange brand. Honda just needs to put their 500 P-twin in the CRF300 rally and give it a bigger tank. Some folks have already custom swapped that engine into CRF250L frame
Not to start a debate, but about 90% of the world adv types I watch on YouTube are riding KTM. So I gotta give them their due.

Back