• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

It's Been A While...Happy Birthday Jamy!

Reaction score
First Name
Brotha
Last Name
J
Let the critiquing begin.

Keep in mind that it was VERY windy that day. So I did not want to speriment too much. (Momma needed her fireplace giganto mantle picture)

DSC_1145.jpg

DSC_1127.jpg

DSC_1078.jpg

DSC_1050.jpg

DSC_1015.jpg

DSC_0986.jpg

DSC_0944.jpg

DSC_0849.jpg

DSC_0906.jpg

DSC_0766.jpg

DSC_0668.jpg

DSC_0663.jpg

DSC_1051.jpg

Oh, and I had not noticed, but the camera was on "auto" until the last few frames. Not sure if I included the manual settings in these pics. These are just a few from over 300 snaps. It's fun having a beautiful daughter!

Professional models always make photographers look good :trust:
nice job. Lots of good pics. I'd like to see the first one cropped in a tight portrait format

What I enjoy most is seeing her grow up over the years....

From a critique perspective, I think some are a bit overexposed, ie: bright and a bit short in the contrast department. I'm assuming that's because it was full-on sun and metering mode used. Your flash unit can be a tremendous help on days like that. (yes, even in broad daylight...)

But I've got to go with #1 as well, but square crop.

Last edited:
I had the flash going on all of the pictures. But, the flash I used is VERY bright (not made for the camera). So, I use the old "masking tape over the flash" trick. Prolly should have taken the tape off. :doh:

To be honest, I wasn't really into the shoot. It took me a while to get my attitude right. Otherwise, I would've noticed those little things from the jump. That some of the pictures came out as good as they did is a testimony to Nikon. :trust:

Can the flash be controlled either on the flash unit or via the camera menu to tone it down? Might be something to look into for future work.

I'm curious if you were the only shooter for these pictures. It looks as if you are a second shooter for most of these, with her not looking towards your camera. I would have liked more eye contact. The one you chose for above the fireplace is my favorite. :clap:

I got a smile with each of these. She is growing up fast!

My favorite is the one that you put over the mantle. My comments / critique mirrors what others have said. They could benefit from a bit of contrast added a some suppression of the highlights.

What are you using to post process these?

Looks like you and Jamy had fun capturing these.

Happy Birthday, Jamy!

1st person shooter yo! And, au natural.

No post processing whatsoever y'all.

I actually like when my subjects are not looking at the camera; love the candids. Jamy is at the stage where her camera smile is...kinda goofy. To get the real smile I hafta make her laugh (not hard to do because I am HILARIOUS).

AND, for some reason, I have nevah thought of trying to control the flash range via the camera's internal witchcraft. :doh: That makes too much sense for a city slicker like me.

Prolly try that out right now. Hmmm. I wonder where my cats are.

Here kitty, kitty, kitty *FLASH* mreow! hisss! Ow! Stupid cat!

Back