• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

IV Medina County 250 Adventure Motorcycle Ride - Saturday, 1/19/19-Castroville, Texas

Reaction score
First Name
Sander
Add your stories, pictures and videos below.

Another great RIDE in the books.

It was great to see and ride with other like minded riders again! Some I haven't seen in a while and some meeting for the first time.

The goal of these rides are to encourage the adventure / dual sport community to get out and ride. Share knowledge, see what others are planning and doing, etc.

Also to forge friendships so no one rides alone, especially on back roads.

2019 Adventure Rider Breakfast Series & Ride Calendar HERE

DSC07242.JPG

DSC07244.JPG

Last edited:
A short video at a water crossing. I nearly lost the back end while crossing (before this video), then the slippery surface claimed the second rider in this video. Sorry I don't know his name, but he gave me his permission to post it. The first rider is Craig on his Ducati.

Pull in the clutch when crossing those sick slabs. I've dropped mine too on a much smaller crossing than that.

Thank you, Sander. You are a gracious host, full of the spirit of hospitality. It was my first ride with you guys, and although I was unsuccessful at identifying and staying in your group in the afternoon, I completed the ride, had a great time and met some good people.

Great to meet and ride with you!

I got dropped by the new group leader as well after my GPS malfunctioned. Fortunately I joined and rode sweep with another group.

I left Austin at 6;15am, got to the restaurant around 8:15, and
rode w/ this group...
IMG-20190119-140231670.jpg

took a break here....
IMG-20190119-140204128.jpg

This is the dirt road we came out of -perfect for ADV riding...

IMG-20190119.jpg

Initially, we wanted to do the 300 mile, but a couple of wrong turns put us onto the 250 mile loop instead.
3/4 through, at the 3rd gas stop in Devine, I peeled off from the group, jumped on I35, and droned myself back to austin.

Many Thanks Sander :thumb::thumb:for organizing this ride!

I got dropped by the new group leader as well after my GPS malfunctioned. Fortunately I joined and rode sweep with another group.

I wondered why you waved us around.

A short video at a water crossing. I nearly lost the back end while crossing (before this video), then the slippery surface claimed the second rider in this video. Sorry I don't know his name, but he gave me his permission to post it. The first rider is Craig on his Ducati.

It got me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for putting the ride together.It got even cooler when I extracted myself out of water on the slickest slab I’ve ever seen!
ba445d2d56e81c6e913a6847bb5d0dd7.jpg

Calvin examining mysterious air loss.

What a fantastic day of riding.
I got to inspect a barbed wire fence close up.
Just riding too fast and looking at the great scenery.
I did not get hurt and broke both mirrors off.
All in a days riding.
Sander you plan great rides.
It was nice meeting some new folks.

Did the train ever move.We ended up going long way around!

All in a days riding.

Glad you made it home safe, Dan. Now, what country is KTM from? :)

All in a days riding.
Hard to kill

Back