• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I've Been Everywhere - Solo version [Merged]

M38A1

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Well, this weekend I finished up the solo version of "I've been everywhere". All 92 cities, towns, communities and dried up places were visited and a photo taken to record the moment. All photos were then set to Brian Burns version of the great song done originally by Hank Snow then made famous by Johnny Cash.

The project covered 10,641 miles and included 24 distinct riding days over 17 months. Along the way I discovered some interesting facts such as Round Lake was formally known as Clabberville and ceased to exist the turn of the century. And places like Val Verde and Mill Creek are communities, not fully recognized towns with city limit signs.

Youtube seems to really cutdown on the quality and the refresh rate is tough for .5 second frames. As popeye says, "it is what it is".

Hope you enjoy the ride......

Last edited:
Re: I've Been Everywhere - Solo version

Ah, very nice - quite a project to complete! :clap:

Congratulations!

congrats on the travels...by far one of the cooler things ive seen.

sounds like and looks like you had a lot of fun.

Wow, what a project. Nicely done.

Fantastic!! This project is a great example of what two-wheeling in the great state of Texas is all about! That is definitely a tough act to follow.

Muey Beuno on the project!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!!!!!!!

That was a treat, thanks.

What a fantastic job. Thanks for sharing. What gave you the idea to start on this mission? I was surprised you didn't put on more mileage. Texas is one heck of a big and multi terrain state when you're gonna start running from East to West and then from North to South. I think 880 miles of just I 10.

Well a big Thank-You to everyone for such kind words......

The effort was a heck of a good time and I challenge anyone else to do the same as you'll see a lot of really beautiful parts of Texas. You'll also see some not so cool places and have to deal with a bit of traffic in others, but overall, the experience was terrific.

Well a big Thank-You to everyone for such kind words......

The effort was a heck of a good time and I challenge anyone else to do the same as you'll see a lot of really beautiful parts of Texas. You'll also see some not so cool places and have to deal with a bit of traffic in others, but overall, the experience was terrific.

Edit To Add:
Google can be your best friend or your worst nightmare. Here's Johnny Cash's lyrics. ...and I've already got 12 of them photographed. RutRow..... Now, just where in the world did I put my U.S. atlas? :doh:

First verse
Reno, Chicago, Fargo, Minnesota, Buffalo, Toronto, Winslow, Sarasota, Wichita, Tulsa, Ottawa, Oklahoma, Tampa, Panama, Mattawa, La Paloma, Bangor, Baltimore, Salvador, Amarillo, Tocopilla, Barranquilla and Padilla.

Second verse
Boston, Charleston (not specified whether it's Charleston, WV or Charleston, SC), Dayton, Louisiana, Washington (not specified whether it's Washington D.C. or Washington state), Houston, Kingston, Texarkana, Monterey, Faraday, Santa Fe, Tallapoosa, Glen Rock, Black Rock, Little Rock, Oskaloosa, Tennessee, Hennessey, Chicopee, Spirit Lake, Grand Lake, Devils Lake and Crater Lake.

Third verse
Louisville, Nashville, Knoxville, Ombabika, Schefferville, Jacksonville, Waterville, Costa Rica, Richfield, Springfield, Bakersfield, Shreveport, Hackensack, Cadillac, Fond Du Lac, Davenport, Idaho, Jellico, Argentina, Diamantina, Pasadena and Catalina.

Fourth verse
Pittsburgh, Parkersburg, Gravelbourg, Colorado, Ellensburg, Rexburg, Vicksburg, El Dorado, Larimore, Atmore, Haverstraw, Chatanika, Chaska, Nebraska, Alaska, Opelika, Baraboo, Waterloo, Kalamazoo, Kansas City, Sioux City, Cedar City and Dodge City.

I understand on what you mean by getting to see country when doing a project like that. I once did an A B C thing here in Louisiana. Then before that ( about 15 years ago ) Trying to find all the places in the US with the name Jennings in them. As I'm living in Jennings, Louisiana. That was interesting in it's self. What's sad on that was I lost the journal I kept on the project. May just have to do that again when I retire next year ;^)...
BTW, years ago I went through Texas, Illinois. But never found an Illinois, Texas. One of those things you just ponder on in solo travels with nothing to interrupt your thoughts like music or radios or etc.

Andy in Jennings

Back