• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Jamy Reached That Double-Digit Milestone...10

Reaction score
First Name
Brotha
Last Name
J
Whoop! Whoop! Wait a second...
...cry, cry, cry!

Jamy just hit the tweens. :eek2:

Here's some pics to critique; feel free to be brutal, because I used a new tripod setup and experimented with a new flash setup (no diffuser). I was surprised by how far the flash threw.

Shooters: The Incorrigible Brotha J!, McMillan, & wife.
Camera: Nikon D80
Lens: DX 55-200 (VR)
Flash: Targus TC-DL8ON (90 degrees, full extend)
Mode: Auto (wife and I were both shooting. so, didn't want issues)

So, here we go; in no specific order!

It was a lazy weekend! How many of YOU shave on Sunday?
DSC_8606_zpsbae39957.jpg

DSC_8619_zps013d23a5.jpg

DSC_8566_zps4a941665.jpg

DSC_8598_zps3610f0bb.jpg

DSC_8562_zpsef2fad89.jpg

DSC_8550_zps3b1899ae.jpg

DSC_8538_zps429e78a8.jpg

DSC_8476_zps60c43e38.jpg

DSC_8428_zps4949b8d3.jpg

DSC_8475_zpse565a07c.jpg

DSC_8409_zpsc4d6e79e.jpg

DSC_8427_zpsddf235e2.jpg

Top of the morning to ya!

DSC_8408_zps41e1794f.jpg

DSC_8394_zps85bd1121.jpg

DSC_8390_zps9ad9742d.jpg

DSC_8339_zps2c1332e2.jpg

DSC_8318_zps41fc759b.jpg

DSC_8311_zps4609f88b.jpg

DSC_8302_zpsbd187f47.jpg

DSC_8306_zps1cb472e1.jpg

DSC_8303_zpsd65b9eba.jpg

DSC_8275_zpse4617032.jpg

Also, got a new tripod with a ball head. She thought she needed to position herslef to the camera position...OKAY

DSC_8276_zpse60ae9ff.jpg

Trying to get away from the bugs which are enjoying the same beautiful weather that we are enjoying. Good luck with that, y'all.

DSC_8229_zps70b0ba95.jpg

This shoot was pretty...relaxed. Plus, Jamy had a difficult "come to Jesus moment" with her (former) BFF this weekend. I didn't want to bug (pun intended), move, or model them too much. So, some of these shots could've been modeled way mo' betta.

DSC_8682_zpsadb8d800.jpg

You still have a couple of years before she reaches "that age". :mrgreen:

I don't know where daddy's girl goes during that period of time, but she comes back about age 20. :eek2:

Wow. TEN. I have certainly enjoyed watching her grow up through your posts here....

On to the pics. I think it's a nice series with lots of shots to pull one or two from as 'keepers'. Posting so many in one thread kind of dilutes the 'gems' in there, so in the future, maybe try to really figure out which ones YOU like and present those. (but hey - you asked!)

I think they are all overexposed, ie: bright and therefore a bit washed out/lacking contrast/color saturation. I can't read EXIF information on them so I don't have much to offer in how they were shot and what could have been done to bring them down. If you shot AUTO, then nothing really. Shooting the other modes (short of M) would have produced generally similar results with differing DOF.

So I'm going to run with checking two things to include 1) Is there any EV compensation dialed in? Like +1 or more? And 2) What metering mode are you using? (Spot? Matrix?)

I think a couple are VERY workable in post by simple crop, EV adjust, contrast bump and maybe a tad bit of vibrance/sharpening.

I took some liberty in a few minutes of post to play with a few. If you want, I can remove them. Just let me know.

i-2sjW4LN-XL.jpg

i-xXGgdq9-XL.jpg

i-M6s3Bvw-XL.jpg

Last edited:
I was testing out a new flash that is extendable. I figured since we were outside, the flash range wouldn't play into it so much. So, I didn't even check exposure; just for composure. Big mistake.

I'm gonna finally invest in a diffuser with any Santa money that comes my way. I'm really of overexposed shots. As far as the settings, I had it set on auto because the wife was taking shots too and she's NOT a photo bug. Heck, I barely am. :rofl:

Thanks for the critique Scott, your post work is lovely. I actually pulled off a couple of great shots that the wife had printed 16x20.

I should post the shots I took of our Halloween decor so y'all could see if I've got the touch or I'm just touched in the head. :brainsnap

agree with Scott's critique.
this was my fav
DSC_8318_zps41fc759b.jpg

and a little PP

Attachments

• 1-DSC_8318_zps41fc759b.jpg
    1-DSC_8318_zps41fc759b.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
A 'little trick' when shooting outdoors with bright sun and/or using your flash....

Wear a BLACK shirt. Yeah, it's hot for you, but when you turn your back to the sun shielding the display to look at the image you just shot, you'll thank me for the tip. White shirts just reflect too much light. Dark ones (black) give you a good representation of what the image is IN the camera at that point allowing for adjustments if necessary.

I'm no expert on photography but I really enjoyed all of these pictures.

Back