• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Jan 12 Bacon Breakfast Ride

Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Do you like Bacon? Or Sausage?

If you have never been to the Green Sausage House outside of Temple Texas than you're missing a great place to eat. They serve an outstanding breakfast. This place is so good that Trip Advisor rates it as the number 4 restaurant in Temple and it is like 20+ miles outside of Temple. They are also a bakery and their fresh daily for Saturday is Apple Turn Overs.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...views-Green_s_Sausage_House-Temple_Texas.html

We will meet up in the Celebration Church Parking lot and kick stands up at 7:30 am. That will put us at Green's Sausage House at about 9:30 for some great food. This will be mainly back roads. No Dirt, but not the smoothest roads. It looks to be a little chilly that morning. So far it looks like the rain will only be on Friday. So Saturday should be great. It is up too you when you leave Green's and where you want to go. It's nice country out there. I am going to search around that area for some dirt roads.

https://goo.gl/maps/ozRwL574LjS2

Anyone know how to embed google maps let me know. [Admin - how about this?]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've lived in Temple 20+ years and not yet eaten there. Always heard good things about Greens; just never made it there. :doh: I may join you.
Lots of dirt roads around and east/south of that area.

I love Green's....especially the meat mkt & bakery... & theyre only about 11-12 miles outta Temple on Tx53 ..at Zabcikville
The restaurant is good too...although I havent eaten brkfst there much...I always get the chickn fried pork cutlet plate or sandwich. The potato salad is taaaaasty & if they have banana puddin...well....you better get some...

Get ready for Saturday crowds though....theyre closed Sundays

Last edited:
May join but my gf wants to 2 up. If so, we'll probably be slow on my 300, so we may fall behind and just catch up at the restaurant.

Anybody going from metroplex (Denton area)?

Thinking about it..

Original post edited to include embedded Google map. Just click on the blue button to reveal or hide map as you like.

We won’t be able to make it early but might see you there after.

No one has even mentioned the fact that Greens started with a meat market way back when....& its still the biggest draw of the whole operation. Bring your coolers so ya can take some goodies home... sausage...steaks...bacon...tenderloin & several cheezes ta chooze
I'll be there by 9:30...but in the Camry

Last edited:
Breakfast was good...as is most everything at Greens...(but I still like their lunch better)
4 of us....then Ocho & gf showed up as we were gettn ready ta leave. I made a stop in the meat mkt/bakery for some goodies ta take home.

Good ride, good food, and really good company. And I got a wildly popular yet rare Mr2mch sticker to add to my workshop sticker collection. :bow:

Tried the Boudin and the chicken fried pork cutlet, it was really good!

We ended up in Waco unexpectedly, fun ride today.

It was a good ride for this time of year. It was windy but warmed up a bit after we got running. The Green's Sausage House food was great. Service was slow but they were really busy. Great Company on this ride. Loved meeting you all and look forward to many more rides.

Thanks a bunch Trail Boss for putting in the map. PM me on how you did it so I can do it for my next planned ride.

Back