• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: January 14TH Meet n Greet n Eat

My forecast now shows a low Sunday morning of only 28° now. [emoji91]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My forecast now shows a low Sunday morning of only 28° now. [emoji91]

Same here..... & Im doin much better since Wed.... But........sorry ta say Im still not gonna be on the bike. (dont wanna tempt the nasties..unh unh)
Looks like the Camry is my option

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Same here..... & Im doin much better since Wed.... But........sorry ta say Im still not gonna be on the bike. (dont wanna tempt the nasties..unh unh)
Looks like the Camry is my option

But as a show of support, your not going to use the heat, right???

I ain't tough enough for riding in the 20's. Or 30's. Mark me as 'out' :(

While the forecasted temp is improving, the mediocre weather coupled with a long to-do list will make my attending unwise. I'm going to stay home and knock out some needed chores so when better weather arrives, I'll be clear to ride. So maybe next month.

Last edited:
Heated seat and grips are not enough for this 'ol codger to brave Sunday's temps. Was contemplatin' asking Rod for a ride in his Camry, but family matters have cropped their ugly head up so am going to have to wait for the next one.

If it is too cold drive over and chow down with us. We have one of the grand kids so might be in the truck. He does not get to see grandpaw much. Looks like a high of 61 low of 36 Sunday.

Last edited:
Well, as long as the weather is staying like it is today I’m still in.

I’m out - been fighting the crud all week. Not quite ready to venture out.

Ok. Tire pressure and oil levels checked. Gas tank full. Electronics charging. Route in GPS. Just hold out weather...

Changed my mind. Weather looks like it will be warmer than today and family can wait.
Mike, Kevin and I are leaving from my house at 0845 if you'd like to ride with us. Sorry 'bout the late notification.

Last edited:
I put my family on notice a week ago Doug. It’s dad’s last hurrah before stupid college starts again haha.

I'm out...too cold for me...have fun, hopefully will be a bit warmer for Hico in a couple weeks...Bill

Ya'll hava good time .... The weather's almost perfect....well cept for the cold part right now.... but its gonna be nice ridin after lunch....
Still hacking a bit & stayin close ta home..(or at)
Im gonna be totally rid of this stuff by the next ride

Good meetup. I really enjoyed meeting all of you and the ride out and back was fun. Lol forward to catching up on the next one.

I solo'd up and then afterwards rode back with Gratefuldawg thru Pontotoc, Fredonia, Castell and Llano. Low temp of the ride was 25.7 degrees. Got home at 3:30pm with 320 miles. Thanks for another great M&G&E KP.

Good meetup. I really enjoyed meeting all of you and the ride out and back was fun. Lol forward to catching up on the next one.

Agree. The fingertips were a little on the frosty side (in spite of heated grips) when we headed out and it was 33 degrees, but it warmed up fine and turned into a nice day of riding. Good lunch and good company too! Now if we can just get those confounded bluetooth thingies working!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Thanks Drew, I enjoyed lunch and the ride over. Was a little chilly, but not too bad.
Round trip for me was 96 miles. Enjoyed seeing and talking to everyone there.
d6d0a6bafc5fd5c5b5f7574df2a31500.jpg

5be55267befdea7c4cd82f19b1d99cc4.jpg

bcccf8a43835c93f183ca2fec6d7c733.jpg

e25669f373827ba04edeb5d6df2b1662.jpg

Last edited:
Great meeting y’all. Thanks to kickstand prophet for keeping on me to attend one. Ended up being a great ride home trying to keep up with slim!

Everyone fueled up and ready for a ride back home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back