• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: January meet n greet and eat

I'm meeting up with BillN at the Georgetown CVS store on N. Austin Ave. at 9:00am heading east and up to Salado then west to Ding Dong and Oakalla with a loop down to Joppa if time permits. 100ish miles. Everyone is certainly welcome to join us.

I expect there to be more water on Cow Creek given the expected rain. Shoot, even Nameless Rd. has flowing water across the road.

Cow creek was good last weekend Slim, just had a few spots of water over the road at the crossings and it was shallow. No telling about this weekend though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm meeting up with BillN at the Georgetown CVS store on N. Austin Ave. at 9:00am heading east and up to Salado then west to Ding Dong and Oakalla with a loop down to Joppa if time permits. 100ish miles. Everyone is certainly welcome to join us.

I expect there to be more water on Cow Creek given the expected rain. Shoot, even Nameless Rd. has flowing water across the road.
Slim.... Guessin youre takin 2484 from Salado west. Take Tally Ho...Fire Rd.. & Triple T Trail from 2484 to Ding Dong. Fire is on top of the hill with big views....but a short bit of gravel & in good shape before TTT.
We were on Maxdale/220 jus the other day but not Briggs Rd west from Wolfridge

Slim.... Guessin youre takin 2484 from Salado west. Take Tally Ho...Fire Rd.. & Triple T Trail from 2484 to Ding Dong. Fire is on top of the hill with big views....but a short bit of gravel & in good shape before TTT.
We were on Maxdale/220 jus the other day but not Briggs Rd west from Wolfridge

Thanks for the Fire Rd. update as that's the way I was headed 'cept by way of 2843 and Cedar Vally Rd. to 2484. See y'all at Billy's.

Sorry guys, just got a phone call this morning that I have a very sick Uncle in Florida. I'm off to the airport and won't be back until next week. See you all on the next one hopefully. Enjoy the ride.

Maybe.... looks like a really cold ride from Denton, but haven't been anywhere in a while, so depends how I feel tomorrow morning.

I rode across Cow Creek today and no problem with the water level. Not very high

Iā€™m doing a last minute pike out. Little one needs to go to the doc in the AM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't know it was happening till now.
Can't say if I'll be there right now or not. Gotta check kitchen pass status and the boss is asleep. Don't wanna kick off :angryfire :miffed:so it'll have to wait til morning.
If I'm there, I'm there. And I can almost guaranty I'll be caging.

It's gonna be chilly, but I'm in. At least I'll be able to test out my new electric jacket liner...

I've been on the edge of getting sick for a week, yesterday it started to win. Today my sinus pressure is so bad my eyes hurt. Yeah, I know, TMI, but I'm not going to ride like this no matter what the weather is. Taking meds and staying home.

Sorry I missed it. I tried to head out with Slim this morning but the cold was too much and I aborted. Bill

Drew great meet, ended up doing about 300 miles on the wing today just walked in the door.

Reactions: TRM
Drew, best onion rings I've had in a long time. The 5 of us headed west, rode through Castell down to Fredericksburg then to Medina. That's where the San Antonio crew continued on to Bandera and we headed to Comfort then Blanco and home to the Wimberley area. Thank goodness for heated grips and seats.

Thanks for putting these meets and greets together.

Tim

Reactions: TRM
I got about 500 miles in, good test of heated jacket liner. Didn't keep me toasty but a LOT more comfy than I normally would be. Not sure it was over 40 degrees more than an hour and cloudy most of the day too..

Great burger and rings too!

Back